Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1942 B-3

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Not a bad looking jacket, but it always surprises me when companies expect you to buy a 1000-1200 dollar jacket based solely on one small 2 inch by 2 inch photograph. Seems like alot of the big repro makers are guilty of this.

blacklagoon

One of the Regulars
If you click the actual picture of the jacket,a pop up window appears with an enlarged image of the jacket.A lot of sites use that similar image enlargment technique,so people can view the pictures better.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Thats true, but you still have the issue of the manufacturer only providing a single photo to convince you to buy a 1000 dollar jacket.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ELC broken grain B-3s are better value than this IMO. The reversed shearling appears to be the wrong colour, not the very dark seal, which is a feature of B-3s produced in 1942-3, which ELC replicate very well. Without close-ups it is difficult to properly evaluate this expensive repro.

John Lever

One Too Many
aswatland said:
ELC broken grain B-3s are better value than this IMO. The reversed shearling appears to be the wrong colour, not the very dark seal, which is a feature of B-3s produced in 1942-3, which ELC replicate very well. Without close-ups it is difficult to properly evaluate this expensive repro.
Andrew,
I used to own one of these and the one I had was far better than my Eastman RW. John Chapman rated it very highly. It was veg. tanned aniline.
Camera024.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John, the shearling looks spot on for an original redskin, but the hardware lets its down. ELC get the buckles and zips correct.

John Lever

One Too Many
True, but this is a very old one, they have a better zip now but still poor [stamped]buckles. JC fitted a WW2 Talon to his, I wonder where that jacket is ?
Still the best hide on any shearling I have owned though and I have had quite a few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails