Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1948 Diagonal Weave Tweed 3-piece Suit - size 37-38

This suit is just amazing, and too big for me. Really fantastic fabric and dated 1948, this was the wedding suit of the chap who had it made (according to the daughter, from whom I bought it).

The fabric is a diagonal weave tweed made of creamy grey and reddish brown yarn, and is very heavyweight. There is one moth bite on the rear of the jacket, about waist level, that is small, and looks like a flaw in the fabric. No-one will notice it. There are no other condition issues to note.

I'd like £100 for this suit. I'm offering it at a good price in order for it to sell. If it fits you, this is a deal and a half! shipping is extra and to be determined by destination. PM with interest. This goes to eBay soon.

Measurements (Taken flat with buttons done up.)

Jacket
Chest: 21"
Arm: 23.75"
Shoulders: 18.5"
Length: 29.75"

Waistcoat
Chest: 19"
Length (front): 23.5"
Length (rear): 18.75:

Trousers
Waist: 15.25 (30.5" total) + 2" to let out
Inseam: 27.75" + approx 1" hem to come down. Extra length could be gained by converting to false/French cuffs, or losing the cuffs entirely.
Outseam: 40.25"
Cuffs: 1.5" x 9.25"

diagonaltweed1948suit1.jpg

diagonaltweed1948suit2.jpg

diagonaltweed1948suit3.jpg

diagonaltweed1948suit4.jpg

diagonaltweed1948suit5.jpg

The best depiction of the colour of the suit.
diagonaltweed1948suit6.jpg

diagonaltweed1948suit7.jpg

diagonaltweed1948suit81.jpg

diagonaltweed1948suit9.jpg

diagonaltweed1948suit10.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
If I was still in the UK I'd jump on this. As it is, the exchange rate and shipping would kill me :( Good luck on the sale, it's a wonderful suit!

AntonAAK

Practically Family
I can't believe no-one has snapped this up at that price. If this was my size it would be long gone by now.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Not sure why I didn't notice this earlier but I'm very interested and it seems to be my size, although I would have to see how much length I can get out of the trousers. Since you are based in London, is there any chance I could meet you for a beer and see it in person?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot