Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950's kitchen sources

1930artdeco

Practically Family
I would like some sources/ideas for some things that I would like to add to my kitchen. I have a kitchen that has metal cabinets and a 1953 Gaffers and Sttler stove. I was thinking of putting some of the stainless steel sheets behind the stove to give the diner look. But where does one get them, I know they make the stuff. Also, I have the hole in the wall for the vent pipe for the original 1940's stove. Is there a way to install a range hood? A period hood (or at least looking) would be great to suck out the heat and fumes.

Thanks,

Mike

This magazine's advertisers (see the "resources" tab on the website) might be of some help.

http://www.atomic-ranch.com/

It almost makes me nauseous to think of all the metal cabinets that got torn out and dumped into landfills or melted down and turned into Toyotas.

Back in the mid-1960s an uncle who did body-and-fender work painted our metal kitchen cabinets, which had been white, a tannish color. That was considered quite daring back then. A couple of years after that you would have had to paint 'em some Day-Glo color to turn a head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany