Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950s PLAID PICNIC SET! MAKE OFFER!!!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Hey there, this is for all you mid century fanatics!

Most of it is all in great shape! Is almost like a time capsule! Has new old packages of mini salt and pepper from the 50s, paper towels, bowls, even wooden forks! The containers are near mint, however at one point one of the plastic and metal forks melted to the bottom of the larger container. I cleaned most of this up but, can't seem to get the rest out due to it's stuck to the plastic.

The ice bucket is in good clean shape other then the fact the top is rusted, the sides are in good shape and the inside is perfectly clean! May repaint the lid... just an idea. The plastic handles are perfect!

Amazing little Skotch Basket picnic set, really rare to find both pieces together with most of the cups and utensils.

Asking: $50 bucks plus shipping.

50spicnicset.jpg

50spicnicset2.jpg

50spicnicset3.jpg

50spicnicset4.jpg

50spicnicset5.jpg

50spicnicset6.jpg

50spicnicset7.jpg

Shoot a PM if you are interested!

Thanks,

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Come on, I know it's not picnic season but, you'll be happy you bought it early when that time comes and no good picnic sets can be found for this price!

If more photos are wanted, I'll post some more... Just let me know!

Also, for those in the area, you can come and pick it up and save on shipping!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
After looking on eBay I noticed that there's only one of the baskets up for auction, it's at $11. so far, in good shape but not as good shape as this basket is in... and it comes with NOTHING! The name on the inside of the lid is scratched on the basket being auctioned right now and this one here is fine!

Any of you ever see the tan and red plastic containers at antique shops? this has both of it's original containers, the large and small, with the lids, has 3 of the original cups, a few forks, knives and spoons, has 1950s small picnic style salt and pepper shakers, used and also new in the boxes! There are some wooden disposable fork/sporks and the list goes on.

The issue on the lid of the ice bucket looks bad, may be due to the fact it was stored in a garage for many years... may have been near a corner where the roof leaked during rain? This can be fixed. Sand the lid down, and paint it to match the tan/yellow trim. This would help it alot.

It's not 100% perfect or complete but, it's pretty close to being all complete. The most complete one I've seen!

So, $50. bucks plus shipping isn't too bad. Shipping will differ on where it will go. But, all reasonable offers will be considered. This is a rare set and perfect for those 50s enthusiasts who own 50s cars!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Been swamped with work, very little time to list this thing, I'm going to open it up to you people... Takin' offers here... that's right, make an offer and I'll see what I can do.

I want this thing out of my house, it's taking up room I could use for HOOVER'S! lol

HeidiF

New in Town
Hi Forgotten Man,
I am new to the Fedora Lounge and I see this is an ancient post but do you still have the Skotch Basket?
Also, great photo of Edward G.
heidi

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany