Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1960's Makeup and Hair

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I always find the eye lashes fascinating
2682074672_dd0f582da1_o.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
French Perfection!

cherry lips said:
I love this thread!
Chantal Goya

Brigitte Bardot

Jane Birkin

Francoise Hardy

I totally agree with you cherry lips!

One more of Francoise Hardy!
Does it get better than this?.... when we talk french 1960s?
In my opinion,it does not! ;)

0000545434-08804L.jpg

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I should buy fake lashes if I want to try this, huh? I don't know how I feel about glossy pink lips, though. I might have to do a glossy nude or pinkish-brown, I think, I'd feel awkward in bubblegum though some women carry it so well.

Is it possible to not look ridiculous in fake lashes without eyeliner, or should I learn eyeliner first?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I can see that I don't have a clue about the 60's. There's obviously a very sensual side of the late 60's that I was not aware of, something beyond the Twiggy-look, which I'm not that fond of (it's cute on some people). But this, this I love...

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up

Lolita

New in Town
The 60's are my favorite era.

Classic 60's style is definitely Jean Shrimpton. Hair with volume,nude lips and heavy liner and big lashes.

I think for a modern take, Penelope Cruz in her Mango ads does the 60's style quite nicely.
penelope-cruz-mango-ads-4.jpg

cecil

A-List Customer
Inky said:
When I was a kidlette in the 60's I wanted to be Marlo Thomas from "That Girl." I think it was the hair, eyelashes and eyeliner!

20061003212535.jpg

Inky I embrace you! lol I went through a huge 60s thing in high school. I took this very picture in to the hairdresser and got this cut. I wore white go-go boots and denim miniskirts to school. My teachers called me Gidget! lol

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Penelope Tree

I first heard of her through the song that I've linked to below, but apparently "The Tree" was as famous as "The Twig".
bwball.jpg
180full-penelope-tree.jpg

5faces_icon_1.jpg
penelope+tree.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dzdHl6nrJk
I found this fascinating:
Scars from late-onset acne ended her career in the early 1970s: "I went from being sought-after to being shunned because nobody could bear to talk about the way I looked." (Wikipedia)

Inky

One Too Many
cecil said:
Inky I embrace you! lol I went through a huge 60s thing in high school. I took this very picture in to the hairdresser and got this cut. I wore white go-go boots and denim miniskirts to school. My teachers called me Gidget! lol

I bet you looked FAB with your own Marlo look!! And here's another similarity - my nickname in my pre-teen years was "cecil" because my real name is Cecilia. But everyone calls me Inky now in real life too.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
cherry lips, ~ Penelope Tree! ~ Yes!!!!! :eusa_clap

Also, lovely Marianne Faithfull, Mick Jagger's girlfriend. Fun clothes, nice longish messy hair, the essence of 1960s style :D

untitled-7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80