Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30s 40s Morning suit strolling trousers- W33 I 30

DamianM

Vendor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251333385149?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

$T2eC16FHJHIFFhnk5%29g1BSJ8O8fEw!~~60_12.JPG

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Fair enough. But i would still think them to be more modern than 1940s. Most morning suit trousers that I have seen from that period tend to have a high, fish-tail back. Also, the label appears fairly modern (1970s?) and looks like it was written in biro.

The label's been the same for donkey's, making it rather more difficult to be sure about Moss Bros stuff. The biro is a worry for age, yes.

Cut is a different matter, and very much a matter of taste. I have no doubt you would find a pair like this in the 1930s. Knowing the outseam would be useful, as the rise for that inseam should be in the range 12-13" for a 30s/40s pair.

DamianM

Vendor
The label's been the same for donkey's, making it rather more difficult to be sure about Moss Bros stuff. The biro is a worry for age, yes.

Cut is a different matter, and very much a matter of taste. I have no doubt you would find a pair like this in the 1930s. Knowing the outseam would be useful, as the rise for that inseam should be in the range 12-13" for a 30s/40s pair.

the inseam is at 30 inches and the full lenght of the trousers is 42 inches at the front so it does have a 12 inch front rise and a 14 inch back rise accounting for the fishtail back

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Just a though, that may not be the original tag. The back seam has had a whole lot of work done to it, looks like it's been taken in and let out several times, and the tag has been on the seam a couple times. Maybe it's a replacement? That sort of major alteration can wreck a fishtail back if allowance isn't left in the top edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy