Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

41 Caddy

Terry Lennox

Suspended
I just saw the most beautiful 1941 Cadillac today. Just parked on the street. Darker grey with a white top, 4 door. Light tint on the windows. Looked show room new. Even had it's original CA plates!

Anyone here claim her?

Wild Root

Gone Home
I wish I could... oh, I wish I could! The '41 Cadillac is a very nice car... one of my top models from Cadillac... I knew of one that used to drive around Monrovia, it was a dark green color, two door convertible!!! I just about died each time I saw that thing! Also, in the movie "Bugsy" they used a 1941 Cadillac convertible... remember? It was a light green... ah, I love that car and the color too! Say, you didn't happen to snap a shot of it did you?

=WR=

cad04.jpg
One word...

DROOL!;)

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A primo '41 is in the area of like $ 20-30,000. Not stratosphere but higher than most older cars. The convertable would probably go for $50K+
th_arg-green-car.gif

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Its a lot of money, money I don't have, but in the scheme of compared to new cars, it amazes me that a no-longer made art piece costs less than many ugly things right off the lot.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Something I find interesting

is that I see a lot of 50's cars cruising around the streets in Sydney, but unless you go to an actual car show, it's rare to see cars from the 30's and 40's out and about. There's an occasional '39 Ford that the hot rodders haven't gotten to, maybe even a '40 Chevy or two, but not much.

The '41 is a beautiful Caddy indeed.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
That is a beautiful car. The color that you describe sounds like it must have been really sharp.

Viola,you are so right! If you need to drive really long distances (and aren't mechanically inclined) a new car is probably the way to go...but, other than that why drop $30,000 to drive around in an electric razor on wheels? Bleech!

Where I live there is a nearby vintage car club. On sundays you can see many great old cars driving through town. Some look showroom new and some are in need of paint. I would have no problem driving a classic that looked a little worn. If it's too perfect I'd be afraid to take it out on the road. Things are too Mad Max now to risk it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn