Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

60s Jerry Lewis Tux

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
MBTux.jpg

The guy wearing the suit doesn't own the look.

He needs to be more of an artist.
Long hair
Maybe thick glasses... just needs to not look like a hired model.

I don't think he owns the look.

slicedbread

A-List Customer
he looks like he's trying his damndest tho...I'm kind of new to the whole bow ties thing but does anyone else think that perhaps a different color would look better? *edit* or maybe a different knot/ adjustment of the bowtie...it looks off to me...

Jay

Practically Family
slicedbread said:
he looks like he's trying his damndest tho...I'm kind of new to the whole bow ties thing but does anyone else think that perhaps a different color would look better? *edit* or maybe a different knot/ adjustment of the bowtie...it looks off to me...
I agree. A different collar would help a lot also.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Matt Deckard said:

I've always liked this style of that baby blue prom ruffled shirt suit. It looks nerdy and that's why I like it. :D I would have worn it to my own prom, but the rental shop didn't have one.

I think the outlined lapels and pockets look good on Jerry Lewis and his suit.

Jovan

Suspended
I tried to advise a friend of mine for his senior prom who was still in high school a year ago, but he wouldn't have it. I guess he won't look terrible looking back in pictures years from now, but he could have done better with a rental.

In summary:
-Black notch lapel two button suit (double ow)
-Some patterned necktie (OUCH) and waistcoat set
-Cap toe shoes -- Not too bad.
-White shirt without pleat or pique front -- This I don't mind, actually, though it had a pocket.
-Black studs

He should have gotten:
-Peak lapel one button coat -- Would have made him appear taller since he is only 5'8.
-Solid black bow tie and waistcoat -- Maybe a white waistcoat instead, which wouldn't have been overly flamboyant.
-Plain toes -- His feet aren't that long.

Mr Maltby

One of the Regulars
I havent been around in a while, but a post from Jack is the best place for me to jump back in again, I think!

Lewis was always immaculately dressed, and a fine man to emulate. The thing is, he never wears the same suit twice, because he is allergic to the stuff in the dry cleaning process. *sigh* what i would give to go throught that guys garbage. Also, have you seen the Patsy, where he goes into Sy Devore's, in Hollywood? Good thread, friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24