Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

618HH Fit Check

hafor123

Familiar Face
Size 46 - 6'3ft, 220pds

PXL_20240119_170550875.jpg
PXL_20240119_170610193.MP.jpg
PXL_20240119_170641543.jpg
PXL_20240119_170815290.jpg
PXL_20240119_170823137.jpg

Mandarin

Practically Family
It fits just like it should.
Looks good too.
All you need is to wear it as most as you can.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
44 and 46 should both have the same back length. If I'm not mistaken, the back length of the 618 is the same across 4 sizes, from 40 to 48.

The jacket looks fine, by the way.

No, it’s graded across the sizes. Gets slightly longer with each as it should.

OP’s size is spot on I think. It’ll get closer as it breaks in.

On a somewhat related note, one of the worst mistakes I’ve made in jacket buying (especially custom) is taking pronouncements about which lengths are appropriate or too long, etc. Ultimately I am taller than average (with a long torso) and much taller than average in the 50s, so if I get the same length as then, the jacket is actually much shorter on me than it was on them.

hafor123

Familiar Face
Looks a bit boxy as of the moment however this fits just right after I get it wet a few times should look better. The 44 was armpit constricting and could see my T-shirt in the back and hips.

Last edited:

hafor123

Familiar Face
44 and 46 should both have the same back length. If I'm not mistaken, the back length of the 618 is the same across 4 sizes, from 40 to 48.

The jacket looks fine, by the way.
It is 25 back length for a 44 and a 26 for a 46.

hafor123

Familiar Face
No, it’s graded across the sizes. Gets slightly longer with each as it should.

OP’s size is spot on I think. It’ll get closer as it breaks in.

On a somewhat related note, one of the worst mistakes I’ve made in jacket buying (especially custom) is taking pronouncements about which lengths are appropriate or too long, etc. Ultimately I am taller than average (with a long torso) and much taller than average in the 50s, so if I get the same length as then, the jacket is actually much shorter on me than it was on them.
Yeah the size 44 was wayyy to short and giving me armpit constriction right as a I wear it.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
44-TALL would also work, if it exists... If you're taller than 6'-1.5" chances are you need tall sizings. Regular sizing will always be a bit short. Or you can go up a size to get the length, the 46 doesn't look bad either.

Aloysius

Looks a bit boxy as of the moment however this fits just right after I get it set a few times should look better. The 44 was armpit constricting and could see my T-shirt in the back and hips.

It won’t look boxy at all once it’s been worn in and gotten wet. You sized right.

cbez

One Too Many
44 way to short and small
Tbh this doesn't look bad either (although armpit constriction you mentioned is bad obv.) The main issue is you have low rise pants on wearing a pattern meant for shorter guys who wore their trousers up to their nipples.

hafor123

Familiar Face
Tbh this doesn't look bad either (although armpit constriction you mentioned is bad obv.) The main issue is you have low rise pants on wearing a pattern meant for shorter guys who wore their trousers up to their nipples.
The 44 looks like I'm wearing something out of my sister's closet

Aloysius

No, he's just a tall guy with a long torso. I've had people insist I'm wearing low rise (which I never have in my life) when I have on high rise Sugar Canes, because I think most people in the hobby (especially on the denim side for some reason) are short.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner