Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

666/ mywayman Sids leather jackets

Phil1972

New in Town
Hello everybody,

I m Felipe writing from Spain. Ive a lewis leathers dominator purchased in the same london shop in may 2011. Also, some years ago I purchased in Japan 2 mywayman leather jacket replica to the Sids model. One has the same cut as the lewis leathers dominator in 36 size with some signs of use and the other is the biker jacket with the three studs on the back in 38 size and nearly mint. as so you know no longer in stock... Here are some photos:

Many thanks
312h1u1.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,856
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,172
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 1,098
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2,125
  • unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,117
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,573
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,390

Phil1972

New in Town
Hello everybody,

I m Felipe writing from Spain. Ive a lewis leathers dominator purchased in the same london shop in may 2011. Also, some years ago I purchased in Japan 2 mywayman leather jacket replica to the Sids model. I want to sell both jackets. Shipping international accepted. One has the same cut as the lewis leathers dominator in 36 size with some signs of use and the other is the biker jacket with the three studs on the back in 38 size and nearly mint. as so you know no longer in stock... Here are some photos:

Many thanks
312h1u1.jpg
[/IMG]

Edward

Bartender
These look nicely done. The Lewis is, of course a Lewis.... As you're obviously aware, Sid's Lewis Dominator was worn much more by him and for long in his short life than the Perfecto type the Japanese jacket represents. The Perfecto type - which I believe was an actual Schott Perfecto, if memory serves: as a reward for behaving themselves on their first radio interview in the US on the ill-fated American tour of early 78, Malcom bought each of the boys a leather jacket. Sid wore his the most, and it's often (especially by US fans) regarded as the definitive one... probably, as much as anything, because he wore it in the Great Rock and Roll Swindle. A lot of punks have historically worn Perfectos or copies thereof, though on the London scene back in the day it was all about Lewis for those who could afford them (or Mascot and others for those who couldn't). Even the Ramones wore Lewis at a time; it wasn't until, as best as I can make out, around 1980/81 that the Schott Perfecto became the definitive Ramones uniform jacket.

The "Mywayman" label is really cute - a lovely little pardoy of the original Highwayman label used by Rivett's of Leytonstone in the sixties. What sort of price bracket was the Japanese jacket in? I'd be curious as to where it was made; not many companies left making leathers in the UK these days (assuming the "London Tailored" designation means anything), so if it was made here, it could have been Lewis, I'd guess. Looks nicely done. I like the contrast stitching on the quilt liner.

Phil1972

New in Town
Hello Edward,

Many thanks for your comment in my post. Yes, one thing is the lewis dominator and another the mywayman replica dominator. For me the best of this replica is that has the same cut/ pattern as the dominator of the 60's. The actual dominator has a variation on his shape..

Yes, Sid wore the LL dominator given by Viv Albertine (see photo of her wearing the future sid's jacket) after this model he used the Steve Jones biker jacket and finally wore his famous biker jacket wore by him in the last days of the band and himself. Personally i don't know who was the manufacturer of the original jacket. But i'm pretty sure that wasn't a perfecto. In my opinion this fits better than a perfecto is shorter and light.

There's no liner On my mywayman dominator Jacket but i have separate. (I modified as sid's one)

Any other question about the jackets on sale will be attended. Many thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 1,063

Phil1972

New in Town
Hi Robrinay,

Yes, that's the actual jacket of my model. Mine has around 10 years old. Here in Spain is imposible to log in rakuten and purchase items. Also, the tax in the border were really high too and male imposible to get this jackets here... As i can see the prices were high too!! Eith my jacket you earn time and money as i can see

Edward

Bartender
Interesting looking at the Rakuten link how all the '666' jackets are labelled "made in England" - I wonder are they made by Lewis? Certsinly all seem to be based on Lewis designs. Not many leather makers left in the UK now - ELC, Aero, Wested do some of their stuff in England...

I'm a bit confused. Is the Dominator for sale? is it a 38?
What are the measurements please of the Dominator AND 666 copy of the Dominator?
(did I get that right)
Thanks.

Phil1972

New in Town
Hello handymike,

Sorry for the misunderstood... i've just commented in my post that I own a LL dominator purchased in 2011 in LL shop in London. on the other hand I have 2 mywayman for sale.
1) 666 dominator with the 60's cut and 36 size, measurements:
From top to botton: 65cm -Width: 51cm- Shoulder width 46cm - Sleeve length 61cm

2)666 sid's biker jacket in size 38, measurements:
chest: 110cm shoulder width:46.5cm lenght:58cm sleeves:62.5cm

Hope this info helps everybody

Thanks

Phil1972

New in Town
Here are some photos of the mywayman "dominator" style in 36 size. Its the same model worn by sid vicious in the pre-scene and begining of the band. Was given to him by Viv Albertine.

Also a similar model used for the luftwaffe in the battle of Britain film

If you need to see any other detail just write me, thanks

Attachments

• unnamed-7.jpg
    unnamed-7.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,417
  • unnamed-8.jpg
    unnamed-8.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 876
  • unnamed-9.jpg
    unnamed-9.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 997