Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 1/2 Stratoliner

EricH

One of the Regulars
88F3B51E-86EE-45A9-A4D5-AD4B9297F62A.jpeg
86CB4199-EFED-4D75-BD25-875AA1BE9CA4.jpeg
27964A6A-CF3E-4A6D-91F0-1236B456CC5A.jpeg
F558B9AF-8FF9-4EDD-AF40-C5B61C833FA5.jpeg
1A95A71D-C4F4-47DB-9980-88AA184600D2.jpeg
I was active at the lounge back when we counted members in the hundreds. The time has come to reduce my collection of hard won hats. I will try posting here before going out on eBay.

I’ve tried to set prices at a fair market value. All the hats I’m listing are in very good to excellent shape. All are high quality, buttery soft, high beaver content unless otherwise noted. I wear a standard 7 3/8. Some hats may be 7 1/4 stretched. I will describe the fit relative to my head.

This is tagged as 7 1/2 but fits closer now to 7 3/8. At some time in its past it was cleaned and as a result the felt is a bit stiff, not floppy. This was a worn hat and the sweat band’s condition shows that. Refer to the photos for details. Otherwise, the hat is in very good shape. This is a strat for a lounger who intends to wear it. Brim 2 3/4”

Asking $200. Buyer pays shipping. No international.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I am a newbie! Technically I wear a 7-1/2
Only hat i own is an Acubra 7-1/2, fits great.

What do you think?

Peace

EricH

One of the Regulars
I’m not sure how they’re sizing the Akubras right now. My circumference is 23 3/8 and as I said, it fits like a 7 3/8 which makes sense as I’m sure the sweat band has shrunk. You might find it a bit tight. I may be parting with some more true 7 1/2 hats depending how these go. The grey dobbs I listed is an excellent hat. I’m thinking it might be 30’s 40’s vintage. If you’re starting a collection, it’s a good deal. It’s not a marquee hat, but you will soon learn that the quality of a fedora depends on many factors independent of its “name”. A new ribbon is all that hat really needs to make it shine.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for getting back to me. As I said I a a newbie. I measured my head using a cloth tape without stretching it out, and came up with 7-1/2. Ordered an Acbra and it fits well. I study stuff. My guess is that your hat maybe too small for me. I have read where some folks stretch hats, but again, I am a newbie and don't know.
Willing to take a gamble. However, I like to bargain. Please don't take offense. You are a veteran on TFL and I respect that.
You know what it is worth, and what you can get for it in the current market. As well, please let me know if you think the it would fit me.

PM me please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran