Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

75 gram Portugal body....

Fedora

Vendor
I just made a hat using a dark brown 75 gram body from Portugal, zero stiffener. I am sure many have seen the Optimo lightweight body and this is the same, but in pure beaver instead of a blend. Now, this felt is too soft for a good Indy fedora, in my opinion, but is a good substitute for vintage felt. I am used to working with a felt that has more body, so it is a pain to work with this stuff due to the softness, but many love this sort of hat. Check out the 11 pics posted here. I guess this is the best modern felt that I have seen, although I have not held in hand the Optimo beaver hat. But, since it is from the same company, I assume it is the same, if Graham is using the pure beaver in some of his hats. I think he is, but am not sure. This felt would nails the vintage look, IMHO. Nothing else, from anyone other than Optimo even comes close. http://public.fotki.com/Fedora/hats/75_gram.html Enjoy! Fedora

ps Oh, I dropped a quarter once on the top of the crown, at a distance of 2 feet, took a pic, and then dropped it twice more to take the other pic. Just to show the softness of the felt.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That hat looks awesome and so soft I can barely believe it.
I am really excited to see what this Portugal felt produces. I am sure it will be a really excellent offering.
Will they be coming only in brown?

Fedora

Vendor
Thanks. I am looking to use the Indy brown and a medium gray. Since one has to buy a min of 60 bodies in each color, adding a nice variety is beyond my means. :) The one pictured here in this post is a really dark brown. It is the darkest brown that I have seen, and too dark for an Indy brown. regards, Fedora

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I love the look of this felt. I hadn't intended to buy another fedora until spring of next year but I may just have to treat myself to a christmas present!

jeboat

One of the Regulars
75 gram fedora

What will the 75 gram fedora sell for to COW members?

jeboat:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace