Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Kimberly down

Pastorearp

New in Town
Hello to all.
I am new to the group and fairly new to the hat life but am loving it. I have enjoyed just lurking here for some time and reading and enjoying the knowledge shared. Thank you so much for that.

I have a question maybe some one could help me with.

I found on eBay a hat that the seller says is a

“Vintage Kimberley Down Akubra”​

And the inside of the hat says it’s “superfine” felt. I have 2 Akubras that are imperial quality felt.

Does anyone know about super fine quality? Or anything else about this hat?

Thanks in advance.

Hello to all.
I am new to the group and fairly new to the hat life but am loving it. I have enjoyed just lurking here for some time and reading and enjoying the knowledge shared. Thank you so much for that.

I have a question maybe some one could help me with.

I found on eBay a hat that the seller says is a

“Vintage Kimberley Down Akubra”​

And the inside of the hat says it’s “superfine” felt. I have 2 Akubras that are imperial quality felt.

Does anyone know about super fine quality? Or anything else about this hat?

Thanks in advance.
I own an Akubra Down Under in Imperial grade. I bought mine at auction because it has the same dimensions as a CD but it is a RE. I wear mine OC. Johnny @johnnycanuck has a Down Under but if memory serves me his is more like the Akubra Cattleman. If there is such a hat as a Kimberley Down or Kimberley Down Under it was probably named for the Western Kimberly region of Australia & not exported. I can’t answer to a Superfine grade.

IMG_7121.jpeg

IMG_7095.jpeg

IMG_9160.jpeg

Pastorearp

New in Town
I saw the hat, but it’s a new one to me.

View attachment 584661 View attachment 584662
Yes that’s it
I own an Akubra Down Under in Imperial grade. I bought mine at auction because it has the same dimensions as a CD but it is a RE. I wear mine OC. Johnny @johnnycanuck has a Down Under but if memory serves me his is more like the Akubra Cattleman. If there is such a hat as a Kimberley Down or Kimberley Down Under it was probably named for the Western Kimberly region of Australia & not exported. I can’t answer to a Superfine grade.

View attachment 584613
View attachment 584614
View attachment 584612
thanks. That helps my understanding some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner