Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

78 rpm - My first Flickr group

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Hi all,

I'd like to invite you to join my very first Flickr photo gallery Group creation - the 78rpm Group.
I felt the need for the 78rpm focus because I love this golden age and it's recordings.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/78rpm/

I know there are several record pools on Flickr, but nothing with just 78rpm as the focus. The group will be centred on images of 78rpm records, 78rpm record sleeves, 78rpm record players and anything associated with that early recording speed.

airgrabber666

One of the Regulars
I have a decent collection of 78s spanning the teens and '20s (Billy Murray, The Haydn Quartet) to the late '50's (Everlys, Fats ets) and everything in between. Love the format...a lot of great artists, great music and great labels.

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Hi airgrabber666,

Completely agree with your love for the 78 format, thanks for the reply.
I lost count of the 78s I've collected, need to do an inventory soon.

My next step with my 78s is to get a good turntable that I can plug into a computer and digitally record (and clean up the audio) some of the better songs which never made it to CD or digital formats.
There's a lot of those turntables out there, I just have to sort out which is the best in a reasonable price range.

If you have any photos of your stuff and have (or want to have) to have a Flickr account, I'd love to see images of your collection there.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Pandora rocks! (er, swings)

After coming home early from a "swing" dance where the DJ was playing Three Dog Night:eusa_doh: , I'm really enjoying my new Pandora station. I created a station of Count Basie & Benny Goodman. This is the greatest station I've ever heard! Besides Basie and Goodman, the station plays Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw, Jimmie Lunceford, Gene Krupa, Duke Ellington, Woody Herman, and some songs I've never heard in six years of swing dancing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails