Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A 1930s two-piece and a 1940s three-piece suit for sale

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I have two vintage suits for sale and I would love to sell them to a fellow Fedora Lounge member. Both of these suits have some (mostly) minor issues that I will do my best to detail fully. These suits are still quite wearable although perhaps less for the job interview/client meeting and more for a night of vintage drinking and swing dancing. Photos are available in the link at the bottom of this posting.

First up:

1940s 3 Pc Single Breasted Striped Suit

Features:
Two Button Single Breasted
3 Pc including Vest
Great Brown with Reddish Orange/Orangish Red Stripe
Drop Belt Loops
Hollywood Rise
Metal Conmar Zipper
Double Pleat Pants
Manufacturer
"Manchester Clothes"

Measurements:
Coat: Shoulders 18 Inches,
Chest 38 Inches(19"x2), Sleeve 24 Inches & Overall Length 28 1/2 Inches

Trousers: Waist 32 + 2 Inches, Inseam 29 1/2 Inches, Outseam 40 Inches, Cuff 1 1/2 Inch (this is a faux cuff and can’t be lengthened. Possibly shortened though).

CONDITION:

There was a hole about 1/4 “ diameter on the back of the jacket near the right shoulder. This has been professionally re-weaved and is nearly invisible. There were several other small holes or near holes on the trousers near the bottom of the zipper which have also been repaired. These are more visible than the re-weave, but not too obvious. All of the repairs have been done by a professional tailor and are sturdy. There are several more repairs on the trouser legs including one on the right trouser cuff. The only unfixed hole that I could locate is a small pin sized one on the back of the right arm. One of the belt loops has come unstitched at the top.

I’m selling this suit only because it just doesn’t fit right. I’d love to keep it, but it was made for a man a bit shorter than myself. I’m 5’ 10” and this would likely fit a man who’s between 5’7”-5’9”. On me the vest, jacket and the trouser rise are just not long enough. The short suit look might look right for some, but it’s not for me (just blew my shot at fame over at the Sartorialist!)

This one goes for only $150.

Next up:

Single Breasted 1939 dated Suit

Features:

Manufacturer
"Stuart Quaid"
Inside Tag:
Mr. Gabe Mabe
Date 4/7/39 No. 15598

Measurements:

Coat: Shoulders 18 Inches, Chest 42 Inches, Sleeve 26 Inches & Overall Length 29 Inches
Trousers: Waist 38 + 2 1/2 Inches, Inseam 28 Inches, Outseam 40 Inches, Cuff is a bold 1 7/8 Inch & Hem 1 Inch

Condition:

A previous owner who wore a size smaller than 40R moved the front jacket buttons several inches. It’s quite easy to reposition them to make it fit right. There are several very small holes in this suit, which are possible re-weaves. A small hole in left front of leg, pinhole in left front of leg, small hole in right front of leg, several pinholes in jacket body and right sleeve has several small holes near the cuff (if you wear a sleeve shorter by about 2” these holes will disappear after alterations). The taped or skeleton lining of the jacket needs to be re-sewn near the skirt edge. There is a small faded spot at the back of the collar. This is about an eighth of an inch in diameter.

This one is only $100.

Payment and shipping:​

I accept checks or money orders. I will gladly ship either of these suits international provided the buyer purchases insurance. I will carefully pack your suit(s) the day that I mail them so that they don’t sit folded for an extended amount of time.

I’ve tried to give as complete a description as possible, but if you need more information PM me and I will gladly provide it. These suits aren’t perfect, but they still look sharp. The black suit in particular has a nice 30’s style silhouette. These suits are dry-cleaned and come from a smoke/pet free home.

Here is the link to the photos on Flikr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29559303@N05/sets/72157613166543080/. If you view in slideshow you can access full screen pictures. The color of the suits appears somewhat faded from the intense outdoor light. I’ve included one indoor shot of the three- piece that shows its true color. The black suit is very dark black. Thank you very much for looking.

Best regards,
Sefton​
UPDATE: I goofed and wrote that the chest on the brown suit measured 40". It actually measures 38". I apologize for this serious error.
Jon

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
Lovely suits.

bk
Thanks. I wish they fit me. I could have the jacket on the black one taken in I suppose, but there's not much I can do about the trousers. I wear a 32" waist and that's quite a drastic reduction. I'd end up with the back pockets getting too close for comfort. I guess I'll have to send them out to meet their fate on Ebay soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo