Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 fit

Tito

A-List Customer
I want your advice fit on my A-2 oil pull of Aero, please.

3929286678_d022cef8d9_b.jpg

3928499731_026694b754_b.jpg

3929281750_dd9de2ff43_b.jpg

3929286000_b8db0f0509_b.jpg

Tito

A-List Customer
JanSolo said:
Looks ok to me. Is that a new jacket?

Thanks JanSolo, yes is a new jacket, wear 6 or 7 days and yet stiff especially in shoulders . oil pull breaks in a short time?

JanSolo

Practically Family
Although the oil-pull HH is thicker than the mid weight spray finish HH which is normally used, it breaks in very easily. The jacket should be super soft and comfortable after a couple of weeks.

Here is a pic of me wearing an oil-pull A1:

3028923287_e18e94c453.jpg

blethook

One of the Regulars
Tito,

From my own experience, I never like the fit of my Aero jackets when they are new. Given that yours is heavy weight HH likely it's going to be even worse and will take more time to break in.

Did you specify measurements when you ordered the jacket? If so, it would be good to check the actual measurements. If they are close to your specification then the fit should be OK when the jacket is finally broken in.

If possible at all, just sleep in it to help breaking it in :D

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Seems like most makers of A2s make them long in the sleeves and a bit short in the torso. So I always opt for a long if the jacket is shorter than about 27 inches,... if I can get it. It allows me to wear a sweater under a jacket for cold weather wear, without the sweater hanging out.
A lot of the manufacturers try to adhere to original patterns as much as possible, without regard to the proportions of the general population which are changing. But that's just my take,...[huh]
It really all comes down to how you like the fit. The leather looks really nice and should age quite nicely too. :)

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The original Aero patterns upon which Aero A2 repros are based on, were generally shorter in the body than many other original makers.

kampkatz

Practically Family
If your A2 was any shorter it would ride above your belt . Do you want such a short fit? Look at authentic photos and there is a variety of lengths. Nothing is absolutely correct.

Klemmi

New in Town
When i look on the interplay of old styled jackets, like the A-2's or the Half Belt's too, and modern trousers, i mean, the jackets are to short.

Look at the vintage pics from the 20's to the 70's, the cut of the trousers is much higher then the modern ones.

I think, if u want a good looking jacket, u have to order 1 or 1 1/2 inch longer body....i think, my Aero A2 is a little to short, the next jacket will be a litle longer.

(@jansolo, mein schriftliches englisch ist echt beschissen, wenn mein Post total unverständlich sein sollte, helfe mir doch mal bitte etwas aus...danke)

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
(stellvertretend: alles bestens verständlich. Nur "interplay" fand ich etwas ungewöhnlich :)

I think the jacket looks as good as it gets with an A-2 on you.

As various others have pointed out in earlier threads, a lot of those jackets are worn by people today, that don't quite have the physique of a 19-25 year old war-time fighter pilot.

In other words, the jacket can't help it. That being said, I think yours looks good on you!

Klemmi

New in Town
(Interplay-interagieren...zusammenspiel...hat mir die übersetzung so rausgehauen.)

Tito's A2 looks good, looks like an A2...but with modern trousers a litle short...Tito has flickr-pics with his A1 and a pair of khakis (in classic cut), that looks mutch better a with a modern blue jeans.

Tito's A1-Thread

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
To my taste it is somewhat short and a little puffy - By that, I mean it looks a bit large in the body. It seems a nice jacket, however, and I imagine it will sit a whole lot better in a few months. By the way, JanSolo is a prick, he seems to look good in anything...

Tito

A-List Customer
Seb Lucas said:
To my taste it is somewhat short and a little puffy

Hi Seb Lucas, I agree a bit short...but I don't know if the jacket is a little puffy or....is the paunch.lol

3930983407_bce24f813c_b.jpg

3930981051_72fe791c50_b.jpg

3931763002_1b9e4ea7df_b.jpg

3930979641_5c90509508_b.jpg

Tito

A-List Customer
Klemmi said:
Tito's A2 looks good, looks like an A2...but with modern trousers a litle short...Tito has flickr-pics with his A1 and a pair of khakis (in classic cut), that looks mutch better a with a modern blue jeans.

Ok Klemmi, I agree. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy