Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A barf worthy rip off of an appropriated pattern

Enter the Fine Creek "jack" .......off topic, maybe my title isn't quite fair to Freewheelers ( I do like the Mulholland).
Pictures sayit all, the quintessential example: lack of ingenuity:
https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3013
1646939956385.png

I hate this jacket. It is as boring as it is sad to look at.

Spiney

One of the Regulars
It isn’t that exciting. Some of the sizing for the models on that site isn’t great either.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
How many Mullholands are out there?! The FC leather always looks awesome in their shots though. But the pattern shape is too much of a gamble for the price they are charging.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Agree that this FCL is not very tempting but to be honest these Police jackets are probably all rip off of one another. Brands have long added a zipper here, laces there to the original design. It would be interesting to know who first came up with the design. We know it can't be Vanson, Schott or Aero. Starglove? Californian? Ralph Pughs?

Aloysius

It isn't. 18" shoulders on a size 44", makes little sense. TBH it reminds me of how Gustin might interpret a Cal Ventura.

The shoulder is actually the one aspect that isn't that silly (FCL, like RMC, does reverse-vanity sizing so that people feel macho and big or something; the 44 actually measures up like a 38 or 40 sized jacket should.)

But yeah, I have never understood their deal, or why people salivate over them so much.

Without a noteworthy original to rip-off, Fine Creek Leathers is garbage, something they have made sure to prove over and over again. Utterly horrid, elongated ^ shaped pattern & questionable claims such as debunked 2 millimetres leather thickness. Honestly, they should stick to photo-shopping pictures of leather jackets as at this point, that seems to be the only thing they are good at.

Sad someone will inevitably pay two thousand dollars for this.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I've thought about sending this to Dena to "convert" into a more Mulholland style, basically replace the waist band from CHP and sort of connect the dots from the side gussets,,
20220310_155511.jpg
without the belt loops, etc. Will still probably have a sliver of the side gussets otherwise I think it'll be too tight. We'll see. But sure looks pretty just hanging there and even if it wasnt at 6-8x price, I'd still take this over that.

Without a noteworthy original to rip-off, Fine Creek Leathers is garbage, something they have made sure to prove over and over again. Utterly horrid, elongated ^ shaped pattern & questionable claims such as debunked 2 millimetres leather thickness. Honestly, they should stick to photo-shopping pictures of leather jackets as at this point, that seems to be the only thing they are good at.

Sad someone will inevitably pay two thousand dollars for this.
I couldn’t agree more and when I received the email about this release it genuinely angered me. Which is bizarre in and of itself.

I've thought about sending this to Dena to "convert" into a more Mulholland style, basically replace the waist band from CHP and sort of connect the dots from the side gussets,, View attachment 408652 without the belt loops, etc. Will still probably have a sliver of the side gussets otherwise I think it'll be too tight. We'll see. But sure looks pretty just hanging there and even if it wasnt at 6-8x price, I'd still take this over that.
I believe the reason we’ve seen like 800 Mulholland (s) for sale in our in house swap meet is because it’s nearly 1/4 as cool as what you have hanging there, while the FC version is so far off the chart, it does not even register.

Aloysius

And I get angry when I see p2p measurements that are equal to or smaller than the tag size, although I know I should be over it by now.

It’s moronic. There was a guy here who tried to argue with me that anyone who doesn’t support reverse vanity-sizing must be old and fat.

But I was just saying given that it’s really a 40, the shoulder is reasonable. That it’s sized 44 is a joke.

El Marro

It’s moronic. There was a guy here who tried to argue with me that anyone who doesn’t support reverse vanity-sizing must be old and fat.
That’s a great way to win someone over, by insulting their age and weight!
i think what really annoys me about reverse vanity sizing is that the size range usually stops just below what might actually fit me. I wear a size 46 from Vanson, Lost Worlds, etc. and there is no chance in hell that I can fit into what most Japanese manufacturers would call a 46.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
That’s a great way to win someone over, by insulting their age and weight!
i think what really annoys me about reverse vanity sizing is that the size range usually stops just below what might actually fit me.
I don't think you're missing out. Couple of months ago I went to a brick and mortar store to see what they're about. I was not impressed to say the least. My Lewis leathers looks a lot nicer

93A01154-B063-42A1-9BA3-BDE25518DC9F.jpeg
C063BEED-362D-46A6-9488-40CFABF8EB02.jpeg

Aloysius

The thing is, there’s a pretty massive audience that will automatically consider it better than the Lewis and Schotts they copy (even though those are generally far better-proportioned) because of its country of manufacture…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24