Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Black Horse

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I got this in the mail today, a black horsehide Sears and Roebuck jacket. I couldn't believe the shape it was in. The lining was all intact, the hide was nicely grained and mismatched for some character. The buttons on the cuffs actual button onto the sleeve and not just sewn on for looks. No excessive wear on the leather anywhere and is still very soft. Has a one piece back that is super grainy. It's going to be a great winter jacket and it goes well with my black Adventurebilt fedora.

DSCN0629.jpg

RSCN0630.jpg

fedoralover

Last edited:

rodilla

New in Town
Wonderful jacket. It seems to have an elastic band. Fits you perfect.
Enjoy it. I will do the same with mine.
Juan Carlos

D

Deleted member 16736

Love it. Can't beat a Hercules. Could you please take a picture of the back? Thank you.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic jacket. Great to see that you are keeping up your trim figure!

Funny you should say that, now that I'm retired I'm finding it more of a challenge to do that. It's too easy to stop at noon for a beer.

These vintage jackets, if they are in good shape are a real bargain when you consider a new Aero or Lost Worlds horse hide jacket will set you back $975. I was able to get this one for under $150. The sides do have a short piece of knit for ease of movement.

fedoralover

Cooperson

One Too Many
Nice fitting jacket and it does go well the black Adventurebilt. Would like to see the back if you have a pic. Good find, enjoy!

D

Deleted member 16736

Funny you should say that, now that I'm retired I'm finding it more of a challenge to do that. It's too easy to stop at noon for a beer.

These vintage jackets, if they are in good shape are a real bargain when you consider a new Aero or Lost Worlds horse hide jacket will set you back $975. I was able to get this one for under $150. The sides do have a short piece of knit for ease of movement.

fedoralover

And nobody does a waist-length Sears bomber repro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats