Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A breakdown of Fedora Loungers by sex, location, age and marital status

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
StanleyVanBuren said:
Oh good, I'm not the only one.
nayner.gif
Solidarity, brother. :cool2:

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Brooksie said:
Hey RedHotRidinHood,

Where in Oregon are you from?

Brooksie

Hello Brooksie! I am a very proud native Oregonian, born in Portland, then lived in Bend from 1978-1986, then Medford for about a year. I moved to Hell (AZ) in 1987, against my will. Somehow, I have just never been able to leave. I have family in Beaverton, Hillsboro and in Central Oregon too...I miss it so much. My grandmother grew up in the Laurelhurst area, in a big old house. I miss the Grotto (not Catholic but it's such a great place), Oaks Park, downtown, lots of things. Phoenix is such a wasteland compared to Portland, IMHO.
Thanks for asking! :)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
Yes, to summarize our story so far:
This is a thread about raging hormones, why people hate Spokane, and a soap opera that I can't believe has not had a HOSPITAL scene in yet.
And Charleston is also nice.

If I remember correctly I do fall down an elevator shaft and that encompasses both hospital and coma! So we're square there.

And I guess I'm lucky I was sick to day to generate all this exposure for myself as the Lounge is sadly blocked by our webmaster at my work. :(

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
Miss Kitty, Spokane ain't got NOTHIN' on the Sound. Perhaps you might have seen some of my shooting-buddies in their uniforms on COPS...:eek: lol

(Why do I feel like I just blew the cover on my "undisclosed location"?)

"The Sound" is still pretty darn general, especially if you live on a boat. I personally don't believe in undisclosed locations, but because I find your persnickety-ness intriguing I might look you up and stalk you, you better be safe about your disclosures. lol

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
carebear said:
Having thus established my soap opera credentials...

Male, 36, single, Anchorage, Alaska.

You do have some soap opera credentials. Since Rafter is with Pink Dahlia in the hospital, do you want to be my beau, the one who makes me forget Rafter? (No amnesia) ;)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
You know what's funny LJ? Like most soap opera men Raf is completely oblivious to the ensuing drama. (Either that or he chooses to ignore our running joke.)

Brooksie

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
Hello Brooksie! I am a very proud native Oregonian, born in Portland, then lived in Bend from 1978-1986, then Medford for about a year. I moved to Hell (AZ) in 1987, against my will. Somehow, I have just never been able to leave. I have family in Beaverton, Hillsboro and in Central Oregon too...I miss it so much. My grandmother grew up in the Laurelhurst area, in a big old house. I miss the Grotto (not Catholic but it's such a great place), Oaks Park, downtown, lots of things. Phoenix is such a wasteland compared to Portland, IMHO.
Thanks for asking! :)

The reason why I ask is because I lived in Portland for 36 years... thats my home town baby!!!! Right now I live on the cold and wet Oregon Coast and I am also desperatly trying to move back (to Portland that is). I am going to mold and grow moss if I do not leave soon! I lived in Laurelhurst for a while, I loved living in that neighborhood, when I lived there I was one block from Peacock Lane... picture the fun of just being able to stroll on over with friends, hot cider in hand and walking along the sidewalk seeing all the pretty Christmas lights! Fun, fun, fun....

Brooksie

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
52Styleline said:
Not that it is relevant to all you youngsters, I'll be 62 in August. Geezers are generally invisible to the gentler gender but I'm fine with that since I have already enjoyed a long and generally happy relationship and now the only thing I am looking for is retirement. Happy with my lifestyle and not really looking for the complications of dealing with someone new. I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (The only thing I share with the Queen of England) who keeps me company. I have sufficient resources to comfortably support my retirement a few years hence. Then it will be sell the house and the Corgi and I will begin our traveling life.

On the contrary, older folks KNOW things that younger ones simply don't, and I think they are terribly overlooked. I find well-seasoned ladies and gentlemen wonderful to talk to, and my beau already knows that if Sean Connery ever came to the door in a kilt and spoke that Scottish burr at me, I'd be off in a second....giggle..... and I must admit that I am looking kind of forward to being "mature"; maybe I will finally have some stuff figured out. Or maybe even finally grow up, whatever that means. :p
Your plans sound divine...here's to a happy retirement!

Barbigirl said:
I personally don't believe in undisclosed locations, but because I find your persnickety-ness intriguing I might look you up and stalk you, you better be safe about your disclosures. lol

Persnickety? Me? [angel] Trust me, I have my reasons for this--I'm a magnet for friends (especially lady friends of the non-romantic variety) with violent problems (frequently exes, but in the case of a prof one of KGB's "little brother" programs) in their pasts, so you might say I have a few bullseyes on my back. (Just because I know my way around weaponry doesn't mean I want to ever have to use it!) Besides, I'm thinking about finding my way there next time y'all have an event in Seattle proper, so you may find yourself eyeball-to-tinted-lens with me soon enough anyway...:eek:

OTOH, thanks for the warning--I know you're out there, so I know to start evading!;)

Ripper

Familiar Face
Not that it is relevant to all you youngsters, but I'll be 62 in August. Geezers are generally invisible to the gentler gender

Thats not always true. One must know where you have been to truly know where you are going.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Brooksie said:
The reason why I ask is because I lived in Portland for 36 years... thats my home town baby!!!! Right now I live on the cold and wet Oregon Coast and I am also desperatly trying to move back (to Portland that is). I am going to mold and grow moss if I do not leave soon! I lived in Laurelhurst for a while, I loved living in that neighborhood, when I lived there I was one block from Peacock Lane... picture the fun of just being able to stroll on over with friends, hot cider in hand and walking along the sidewalk seeing all the pretty Christmas lights! Fun, fun, fun....

Brooksie

OH!OH! Peacock Lane! That was a major thing we did every year at Christmas when I was a kid...I miss Sellwood and all those lovely bridges. And Union Station. And Powell's. Is the Roseway still showing old movies downtown?

I simply love the coast. I get to see the Pacific Ocean about once every couple of years...what the bleep am I doing in the desert?! I love rain too, but I don't blame you for wanting to be dry once in awhile. Tell you what-let's trade for a few days-you be dry here in the desert and I'll be all wet from that lovely rain! Sounds lovely to me...

Brooksie

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
OH!OH! Peacock Lane! That was a major thing we did every year at Christmas when I was a kid...I miss Sellwood and all those lovely bridges. And Union Station. And Powell's. Is the Roseway still showing old movies downtown?

I simply love the coast. I get to see the Pacific Ocean about once every couple of years...what the bleep am I doing in the desert?! I love rain too, but I don't blame you for wanting to be dry once in awhile. Tell you what-let's trade for a few days-you be dry here in the desert and I'll be all wet from that lovely rain! Sounds lovely to me...

The last time I actually lived in Portland was over two years ago and I remember the Roseway (the theatre on Sandy Blvd.) played old movies but I do not know if it still does, I go to the FL get togethers once a month in Portland (so I get my city fix this way) and I have noticed an awful lot has changed even in this short amount of time.

Brooksie

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
Big Man said:
Now come on, boys. Ya'll know that stuff's illegal. Of course I'd never make, possess, distribute, sell, or consume anything illegal ... OK, so maybe consume - but for medicinal purposes only ! ;)

Big Man, I'm about an hour away from you, near Shelby. The best "cold medicine" I've ever had was made about half way between here and there.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I just want it said its this thread that finally made me change my avatar to show that a) I am not the elephant girl. and b) I am not Gene Tierney. :D

-Viola

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Male; 48 years old; happily coupled for nearly 19 years (astounds me at times it's been that long); living in suburban Seattle between Renton & Maple Valley in a great area known as Fairwood going on 14 years. It's semi-rural with lots of trees, 10 miles due east of the airport, less than half an hour from downtown Seattle but a world away...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany