Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A commercial that promotes the worst of today

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You are misunderstanding my comment to such a degree that I will clarify it for you instead of answering your questions that are based on a misunderstanding.

Most people know that in the context of the phrase "goods and services", "goods" simply means products. Is that clear enough for you?

I ask you again, would it be good for you economically if the demand for the goods and or services your company makes drops?

Oh, of course! You're right - I misread you. You meant to say:

I ask you again, would it be product(s) for you economically if the demand for the products your company makes drops? :rolleyes:

Noir, you'd complain if your ice cream was too cold the day they hung you with a new rope. Sounds like we've come to a wall on this one.
:fish2:

Noirblack

One of the Regulars
Oh, of course! You're right - I misread you. You meant to say:

I ask you again, would it be product(s) for you economically if the demand for the products your company makes drops? :rolleyes:

Noir, you'd complain if your ice cream was too cold the day they hung you with a new rope. Sounds like we've come to a wall on this one.
:fish2:

My apologies, I was thinking I had used the term goods and services. Having said that I am surprised that I have to define the term good for you in the context of whether it would be good if the demand for your products and services decreased.

Let me expand on that for you: would you be pleased if the demand for your products/services decreased and you faced reduced work hours or reduced wages or unemployment? Or, conversely, would you be displeased at the prospect of reduce hours, or wages, or unemployment?

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
I'll be opening my "Get a Handle" Rock Shop later today. I think I'll let mine go for $1,500 each set, and that's WITH a COA from the artist (me).
Oh well, in that case, do you take checks? :) and I meant $2950+ I promise fatigue and two battling children in the foreground, not alcohol, was the cause for my moment of cannot add! :D

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Unfortunately, the world turns; different products are designed and sold, companies rise and fall. The economy has its cycles. And of course, that says nothing to the purposeful tampering, collusion and lies we see in today's market.

Let's get down to brass tacks; why do I need so much variety? I like variety, I like having a choice. But when does having a choice border ridiculous?

When does a coffee maker no longer brew coffee, but starts "customizing and brewing espresso at home like never before"? (Saeco Brewing System)
When is a burrito no longer a burrito, but "food with integrity"? (Chipotle)
When does a razor stop shaving and start giving you the "technologically advanced shaving performance you need to look your best"? (Gillette Fusion)

These are ideas, not functions. You're being sold a box of ideas and you're purchasing a razor.

Like I said, cut your vegetables on cardboard and buy yourself a nice hat.

Or just run up your Visa with Martha Stewart Home decor for that "mix of whimsical elements" you've always needed to keep your marriage chugging along. Hell, go nuts. Everyone else has.

William Stratford

A-List Customer
Incidentally...why has no-one ever sued Gillette under the Trades' Descriptions Act with their blatantly false "the best a man can get" line? :eek: That plastic multiblade pap doesnt come close to my Merkur!

I admit mine was a bad idea, but that bad? :)
Nah, I was being lazy - totally random cutoff point after reading some of the replies...It went downhill before today, but seems to just be getting nowhere faster. Too much judgement going on for me. And some folks loves to talk on and on and on. :)

William Stratford

A-List Customer
Nah, I was being lazy - totally random cutoff point after reading some of the replies...It went downhill before today, but seems to just be getting nowhere faster. Too much judgement going on for me. And some folks loves to talk on and on and on. :)

So is your judging people for talking "on and on and on" a special kind of judgement that does not come under the "too much judgement going on for me" notion? :rolleyes:

William Stratford

A-List Customer
Yes. It most certainly does. I knew who would reply to that. You love the merry-go-round, doncha?

Oh, I'm sorry, did I pop your bubble? :p And actually no I do not "love the merry-go-round", but I just don't like people sounding off against being judgemental as if they are not being judgemental in doing so. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran