Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Day That Will Live In Infamy

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Actually, Woodstock was *extremely* important. If Alger Hiss hadn't owned and used a Woodstock typewriter to copy State Department papers, he never would have been exposed as a spy. And without the Hiss Affair, Richard Milhouse Nixon never would have become Vice President -- or President. If Richard Milhouse Nixon hadn't become president, there would have been no Watergate. Had there been no Watergate, Gerald Ford never would have become President. If Gerald Ford had never become President, nobody ever would have heard of Chevy Chase. And late twentieth century American culture would have been that much the poorer.

Yes, Woodstock was *very very important.*
:eusa_clap

Actually, Woodstock was *extremely* important. If Alger Hiss hadn't owned and used a Woodstock typewriter to copy State Department papers, he never would have been exposed as a spy. And without the Hiss Affair, Richard Milhouse Nixon never would have become Vice President -- or President. If Richard Milhouse Nixon hadn't become president, there would have been no Watergate. Had there been no Watergate, Gerald Ford never would have become President. If Gerald Ford had never become President, nobody ever would have heard of Chevy Chase. And late twentieth century American culture would have been that much the poorer.

Yes, Woodstock was *very very important.*
I could live without everything except the first one. I could have gotten it out of Hess anyway though. Al Capone had the right idea. Nothing a good set of vice grips and a blow torch couldn't handle. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred