Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Few Sartorial Questions...

Uberneot

New in Town
Hi folks. Just a few quick questions here:

1) Are French cuff shirts measured longer in the sleeves then standard (barrel?) cuff? I was in a store earlier today and all of the sleeve sizes seemed to be a bit long in proportion to the chest sizes. I'm usually a 16 1/2 chest with a 32/33 sleeve (Sometimes I can get away with a little longer sleeve, depending on the shirt), and all of the french cuff shirts I saw were about 16 1/2 with a 35/36 or longer. I was just wondering if they measured them with the cuffs unfolded or if this store just carried funny sizes. It's not the best store around so there wasn't anyone readily available to ask.

2) Does anyone know a place to get v-neck sweater vests that show off a little more of the tie than just the knot? A lot of the men I see wearing v-necks with ties look like the color is pushing the knot into their neck. It doesn't have to be vintage; vintage-esque is good but modern is okay too.

That's all for now. Thanks! :cheers1:

stbdtack

New in Town
1. No. Always try on RTW shirts (at least one of each model) before you buy. I've found over the years that there are often big differences in different styles, even within the same brand.

2. Dunno. I have a couple of nice ones I bought in Italy a few years ago. I suggest trying them in a store rather than buying on line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo