Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A heartfelt thank you to my family on The Fedora Lounge

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Let me begin by saying that I had tried to write this sooner and thought about this everyday since it began....
I wish to thank my wonderful friends here on the lounge for everything...to include the purchase of an Art Fawcett VS hat.
A short time before Thanksgiving I had just finished my chemo treatments, but found that the cancer had grown a bit, and was causing me quite a lot of pain. I had received a pm from Art here on the site, but I was tucked away in narcotic heaven. I was finally able to sit at my computer and see what all my friends were up to. There was the pm from Art, nearly a week old. I was stunned:D ...I answered him as quickly as I could and got the ball rolling...I hope I wasn't a pain in the butt Art...
The conformer was sent to and fro...and I worried if the lack of hair would be a problem, as my hair has finally grown back in...
I told him what I wanted, discussed colors/style and left the rest up to Art.
Again....how do you thank people for a present such as this...My heart goes out to these conspirators that brought light back to my dark life.
As soon as I can, I will gather some images to post...that way I can keep my VS for a while longer...I so love this hat and the great people of the lounge!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Heartfelt ...that is what this place is all about....
icon14.gif

Mulceber

Practically Family
Wow, I didn't even know about this. What a sweet thing to do for one of our own. Be sure to post pictures of your new hat, Colby. And good luck with your Chemo. -M

Mr. Paladin

I'm looking forward to seeing you in it whenever you feel like taking some shots and posting! Take care, my friend.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:
Heartfelt ...that is what this place is all about....
icon14.gif

Agree with CB, what a thoughtful detail!. Colby, wish you the best on your chemo and a prompt recovery.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Kudos to the gems who arranged this.

And heartfelt (good word that) warm wishes to you Colby. That hat will be something very special. Looking forward to seeing it on your melon.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
I'm looking forward to seeing it, as well, CJ! Also looking forward to seeing you well!

Take care,
Jimmy
I like the way Jimmy put it. Like many others around here, I'm eager to see the hat, and really hoping that the chemo goes well.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
You are one of those people that you can tell is just genuinely good. Keep fighting, you have alot of people in your corner. Enjoy your VS.

bolthead

Very Well Put Bart....

handlebar bart said:
You are one of those people that you can tell is just genuinely good. Keep fighting, you have alot of people in your corner. Enjoy your VS.
I dont think I could've said it any better then this.

You're in my prayers my friend.....and to quote Mulceber, I really had no idea about all of this either. Probably because I haven't really been around that much myself, so sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner