Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a lost camera

what would you have done with this camera?

• Finders Keepers...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Left it with the Cabbie

• Sold it on ebay & donated the cash to charity

• Searched for the owner

• Total voters

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Missing-Camera-Quest.html

How many people do you know who would go to this length to find an owner of lost property?

Sitting on the back seat was a nice Canon digital camera. Gunderson asked the driver which previous passenger might have left it, but the cabbie didn't seem to care. So Gunderson brought it home and showed it to her fiance, Brian Ascher. They decided that the only right thing to do was to find the owner.

But how?

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't call it going to lengths. More of a fun detective story.

Then again, I'm not the busy urbanite these two in the story are. Forgive me, but I think this story might have gotten the spike if they weren't a couple of young banker-lawyer types (maybe even if she were the banker and he the law student).

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
My sister found a digital diary at a truck stop in Chicago and gave it to me. I called people in the address book until I found its owner, whereupon I mailed it to him. He said he'd given up all hope of finding it, and asked how it ended up in Colorado.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou