Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A New Forum - I hope this is alright...

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I hope it's alright to post this here. If it isn't, the mods are welcome to just lock it.

Some years ago, I was a member of a very friendly and close-knit discussion-board about "that Master Detective...Sherlock Holmes!" as they say in the old radio-programs.

Sadly, our community was shut down, and had not been revived. That was about two years ago.

I have been completely unable to find another Sherlock Holmes forum which was anywhere near as close as that one. All the ones online nowadays are all related to SPECIFIC facets of Holmesism - ONE TV series, ONE game, ONE movie-franchise. There's absolutely none which are just general discussion-boards about the stories, the history, the context and other Holmesian media. And the ones which do include stuff like that, only chuck it in as a sort of afterthought.

Finally fed up at not being able to find one, I decided to make my own. We already have about a dozen members (mostly hold-overs from our old forum which was shut down), but I thought I would post the link here, in case there was anyone interested in joining:

http://bakerstreet221b.boards.net/

Our aim is to bring back the camaraderie and friendliness of our old forum, and to have stimulating, interesting discussions once more.

Anyone interested in Sherlock Holmes is welcome to join :)

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I recall a few years ago, speaking with my Daughter about Sherlock Holmes, as she had no clue about the story or history of the author who wrote them. Her first question was, "what band/group did he perform in"? LOL!

I think the classic parts of the story line of investigative detective work to solve a crime, could actually be used as a "tool" for instructing current law enforcement in how to solve a crime.

Both myself and my Husband have always had an interest in "the games afoot"! I would welcome being able to take part in a forum pertaining to the subject.

Thanks so much,
Cindy

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I bought this book over 20yrs ago, and still read it over and over.
This is taken from someone else's page, which is why it's crooked.
holmesbook.jpg
I have all of the Granada Television productions of SH on DVD, plus the book.
I'm sure some will take sides as to who portrayed Holmes best, but IMHO it was Jeremy Brett, hands down.
I'll check out the forum, thanks.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I have attempted a few times to "register" an account on the new website, however, it does not continue all the way through the last steps, it will keep saying that I have to enter a valid forum user name! I have attempted several times and even using some names very different to each other, but still no luck! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters