Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A New Short Film: "Dawn's Early Light"

Baggers

Practically Family
I recently coproduced a short film which is now available for viewing as a submission to the upcoming Fox reality show, On The Lot, being executive produced by Mark Burnett and Steven Spielberg.

Cleverly described by someone as "83 Charlie Mopic films the Zone Troopers attacking the Blair Witch," the film tells the tale of the disappearance of some U.S. infantrymen in Italy in 1943 and the subsequent cover up of the incident.

On The Lot will be a competition among 16 "undiscovered" film makers split into teams who will shoot a new short film each week in a genre picked for them by the judges. The ultimate prize being a chance at a one million dollar development deal at DreamWorks.

We need as many viewings and ratings for our film as we can get. To watch the film, go to http://films.thelot.com/films/22989 . If you'd like to rate it or leave a review you'll need to register, but it's free. Please help us out if you can.

I hope you enjoy the show!

Cheers!

Baggers

Practically Family
scotrace said:
Say, have you see that "Why Don't You Die Already?" thread? lol

Sir, I'll have you know that I died rather quickly and stayed dead for the rest of the film.

But on a slightly different note, I do hold the record for the longest death scene at one the theatres I work at regularly. I think it took me over 20 minutes one night. I was well known for my scenery chewing death scenes. :D

Cheers!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice little movie

Funny yet spoilery comment - highlight to read

At 2:18 Pvt. Clayton signs his own death warrant... :D

Marv

A-List Customer
An excellent short film, could be the begining of the X Files.....good luck :eusa_clap

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Good show, Baggers! I wish you and the rest of the cast and crew the best of luck.

Is the ulitmate goal of the contest to be able to produce a full length version of one of the short films specifically, or just a development deal period? Will the whole cast and crew get on to go on to the competition?

Baggers

Practically Family
Mojave Jack said:
Good show, Baggers! I wish you and the rest of the cast and crew the best of luck.

Is the ulitmate goal of the contest to be able to produce a full length version of one of the short films specifically, or just a development deal period? Will the whole cast and crew get on to go on to the competition?

Thanks, we're gonna need it!

It's just for the development deal. However we intentionally left it open ended so that if at some time in the future we want to do a feature length version we can use the short as the base of a wider ranging story. Imagine the possibilities, could OP CANDLESTICK have been the beginning of a much larger organization that still exists today and of which even the highest civilian leadership is unaware? :eek:

If we make the final cut only the director will get to participate in the actual series. Most of us have been working together for two or three years and just want to produce the best product we can. And we're willing to help Russ knowing he'll bring the rest of us back in once he's able. Also, the grand strategy included the possibility of not making it to the finals. In that case, we've generated buzz about our operation and we have a film that we can submit to festivals. We figure there's no real downside, it's all good. :D

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff