Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new silent film! Louis!!!

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I could not believe this when I read the description of the trailer:

A new silent movie starring Jackie Earle Haley, in the vein of the best silent films starring Charlie Chaplin and accompanied by live music! Set in New Orleans, 1907 and inspired by the music of Louis Armstrong...

http://www.louisthemovie.com/

Unfortunately, this film is a very limited engagement but by golly, Haley looks and acts just like Chaplin! Its uncanny, right down to his movements!

I want to see this film so bad, but I'm not sure if I ever will. What do you all think? Why do I feel that this is an amazing sign of the return of creativity!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
VERY cool. The fellow playing Chaplin is quite good. The rest seems...
Silent film acting is, much like top hat making, a lost skill. Some of the best performances ever delivered are pre-talkie.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
That's Jackie Earl Haley, he recently portrayed Rorschach in Watchmen, Freddy Krueger in that Nightmare on Elm Street remake, he's been in a few other films to date but I cannot recall them.

I knew he was a talented actor but this is beyond words... get it? Beyond Words... cause it's a silent movie... forget it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn