Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A newbie question

yookee

New in Town
Hello !

I am new to this great website resource. I have been lurking for days and I want to ask a question. I have always been a fan of Fedoras and said if they ever came back in style, I would be first in line. Well, you know what....reading all your posts have made me a believer. Plus, life is too short.

So I am huge fan of Boardwalk Empire and that's one big lid playground. Jimmy's (on the right) hat style has caught my eye - can someone tell me what certain Fedora style it is? I would like to get some more information. Thanks in advance!

esq-boardwalk-empire-season-finale-120610-xlg.jpg

Crazy Legs

Familiar Face
Welcome Yookee. If you send this picture to Art Fawcett (vintagesilhouettes.com) and tell him the color of the hat and ribbon width he will do the rest. He is well known around here and never disappoints with his creations.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
That whole get-up Jimmy's wearing is one the coolest ensembles Ive seen in a period piece. The old B&W originals made it hard to tell what stuff really looked like.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
To me it looks like a tall crown fedora with a wide ribbon. On my computer it looks like a grey/green with a blue ribbon. I also second the recommendation of Art Fawcett; I've got only 1 fedora and its one he made. It is fantastic and I know he could make you something very very similar off a picture, and if you could find a few more it would only make it that much better. Check out the Art Fawcett hall of fame thread to see some of his work, and remember its a custom process with a bit of a wait, but oh so worth the cost and the wait time.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To me it looks like a tall crown fedora with a wide ribbon. On my computer it looks like a grey/green with a blue ribbon. I also second the recommendation of Art Fawcett; I've got only 1 fedora and its one he made. It is fantastic and I know he could make you something very very similar off a picture, and if you could find a few more it would only make it that much better. Check out the Art Fawcett hall of fame thread to see some of his work, and remember its a custom process with a bit of a wait, but oh so worth the cost and the wait time.

One could add, "it comes in beaver at the world's most reasonable price." Beaver fever!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy