Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A photo I'd like to share

Strider

One of the Regulars
Seeing as how the subtitle for this section is "A place to show your treasures", here is one of mine.

The Queen Mary summit just having ended, and still fresh in all of our minds, I thought I would post this photo. My grandfather worked aboard the QM during the war, as part of the workforce that helped convert her into a troop transport.

The fellow second from the right in the top row is my granddad, and the ship in the background is the Queen Mary.

QM_Dock.jpg

There you go.

Strider

Strider

One of the Regulars
Oops, mistake. The picture scanned like I posted it, but it's supposed to look like this. The correct way, you can read the no smoking sign. Granddad is the second from the left, top row.

QM_Dock2.jpg

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Quigley! Good eye! Incredible! As a filmmaker I commend you.

And Strider... Thanks for showing the pic. That is really a great history. I wonder if your grand dad help paint her and give her the unofficial name "The Grey Ghost."

Cool stuff.

Wild Root

Gone Home
WetDog said:
Great photo! I particularly like the old auto in the background (with front facing the camera). Hard to tell, but it looks like a 37 Ford. Of course, I've had a bad run of luck in guessing these things lately.

Richard

The car facing the camera is not a 37 ford. It could be a Ford, but I think it's a 1929 or 1930 Oldsmobile. The other car with the rear to the camera is a 1941 Plymouth.

That is a great photo! I love the way it was taken! That is a true life shot of what most men of that age group wore in those days! That uniform the young man on the far right looks to be Canadian!

Great photo!

=WR=

PS: Here is a photo of a 1937 Ford for future references.
1937-ford.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo