Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A question for the Nashville area gals

shooshoobaby1

New in Town
Since I moved to Nashville only a year ago to work in the music industry, I have yet to find any great places to score vintage finds. It seems to me that most vintage stores here only offer a majority of 60's and 70's items. Does anyone know of a place to find clothing and accessories from the 40's and 50's? Any help would be wonderful!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I've never been to any of the current "vintage" clothing stores, because I used to go to some & they were expensive (had new prices, rather than thrift prices). I've been in antique stores that had a few vintage pieces, but I haven't come across a store that had a ton of it.

I assume you've been to the thrift stores on Charlotte--that is where I usually head.

I still remember the navy 1950s New Look shirtdress with the rhinestone buttons they had at the Downtown Antique Mall in 1995. It was $30 and I couldn't afford it! :eek: lol

Nashoba

One Too Many
You're in Nashville?

Geez! You me & Blondie need to get together for lunch, shopping...something...anything... :D
There are a couple of vintage clothing stores randomly scattered throughout the area but yeah, alot of them are stuck in the psychadelic era. There is an antique store right off of 65 though called the Gaslamp, it's above a staples over by the 100 Oaks Mall, my husband took me there not realizing how big it was and then dragged me out before I got a chance to look at everything...there's some serious potential there based on what I did see, there was more than one vendor with just vintage clothing and accessories but I wasn't able to spend a lot of time looking through it. There are a couple more near the fairgrounds and the state fair fleamarket every month has a varying but nice selection most of the time. I go every month.

Drop me a line, I'll hit the town with ya.

Blondie

Practically Family
Most of my "finds" have been from the flea market,
The Tennessee State Fairgrounds Flea Market is held on the fourth weekend of each month, except the month of December, when the Flea Market is held on the third weekend.
Us gals should all try & meet up for lunch or coffee one day, bear in mind, i am still getting used to driving on the wrond side of the road, and freeways at this stage are a no go zone for me , I'm from Australia and still get used to driving here !!!!!!

Nashoba

One Too Many
how have I never seen you at the flea market?????? I'm there every month!!! Agreed....we should get together! Heck Blondie, I'll pick you up, you never have to even get behind the wheel ;)

shooshoobaby1

New in Town
Thanks so much for the help gals!!! We should definitely get together sometime. I would love to go shopping or to dinner or out to coffee or whatever. I am always ready to meet new people (especially with similar interests!):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace