Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A silly question...

Blackjack

One Too Many
I don't know why this has become such an issue with me but I've been looking for a nice soft Teardrop crown 2 1/2 brim fedora for some time and can't quite make a decision. has anyone had any experience with the Baldwin on the Miller Bros. site????

theinterchange

One Too Many
I can't seem to locate that particular hat on Miller's site.

I've heard good things about Miller from various sources, but also that you need to pay attention to their return policies... if memory serves me correctly, you can't return a hat for money back, just credit toward another hat.

Randy

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I have two Baldwins, one of which was purchased from Millers. I had no problems with the ordering process and the hats are of very good quality. If I needed a new hat or one in a different color, I would certainly order another Baldwin from Millers based on my experience with them.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I have owned a few, but my head size went up and I sold them off. I still miss them. One day I'll get another.

Now, it should be noted that they are not super soft, but not stiff either. If you want floppy brims and a crown that reforms every time you touch it, then the the Baldwin is not it. But then, I doubt you'll find a modern production hat that fit that bill.

But, if you want a dress hat that doesn't feel like cardboard, I highly recommend the Baldwin.

(I wish they still carried the Manhattan model. I loved that one.)

carldelo

One Too Many
Nice lid

The Baldwin is a nice looking lid, I've always liked it but was scared off by the return policy. I notice that Miller has dropped a lot of teardrop models lately - their OR clone, the Douglas, is gone.

The Stetson Brewster I had was very soft, and had a 2-1/2" brim with the standard Stetson teardrop. It's a silk finish with a contrasting brim binding and only comes in one color. It was really nicely put together, but is not to everyone's taste - my review:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=45471

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy