Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A STEAL OF A HAT

hatflick1

Practically Family
The other day I walked into my house and realized something was amiss.
Clearly, I had thwarted a burglary. Whoever had come in through the bathroom window had just arrived and was startled by my unexpected return. Nothing was stolen, not even my laptop which had been unplugged and placed on my bed as initial booty.
So here's the question:
Would a thief, given the time and opportunity, steal vintage fedoras? According to the LAPD anything is fair game if it appears to be a quick and easy sale on the street or to fences.
Has anyone experienced a burglary and had hats included with other purloined items such as jewelry, cash, electronics, cameras, CD's, etc.?
Where's DIck Tracy when I need him?!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
hatflick1 said:
Would a thief, given the time and opportunity, steal vintage fedoras? According to the LAPD anything is fair game if it appears to be a quick and easy sale on the street or to fences.
I think the LAPD answered your question.;)

suitedcboy

One Too Many
You need to get one of the Stetson hat ad posters that shows the torso down to the feet of a man in front of gallows who has been hung. A stetson is on the ground.
The large print below is
"Never Steal A Stetson"

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I had 10 pairs of underwear stolen during one break in as well as the usual search for Money, Electronics, etc.[huh]

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
How do you know it was ten pair? Am I the only one without a current inventory of his boxers?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
hatflick1 said:
Where's DIck Tracy when I need him?!

Sorry, we were out getting a beer... I'll send him over.

I don't think the average burglar would know the value of a good fedora... most people when they see mine ask me if I purchased it at some trendy store or target... at which point I ask Dick to rough them up for being foolish.

But you never know.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of steals, this one is on sale - down from $220 to $154 at Leffot.
DOA is right, Borsalino has the best modern styles.
DSC_0010.jpg

matei

One Too Many
I had a thief steal, amongst other things, a bespoke suit of mine. I don't think a hat would be out of the questions.

Those scum will steal anything they can get away with.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
We had a guy break into our job shack and steal a bunch of stuff recently. He also pooped on the top step into the shacked and wiped himself with my HH rain coat, which he kindly left behind.
The point to the story? You can't predict what they will do once they break in and riffle through your stuff and get an alarm system. :D

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Charming...

handlebar bart said:
We had a guy break into our job shack and steal a bunch of stuff recently. He also pooped on the top step into the shacked and wiped himself with my HH rain coat, which he kindly left behind.
The point to the story? You can't predict what they will do once they break in and riffle through your stuff and get an alarm system. :D

...truly charming.

If life was like those TV detective shows, the'd use his poop DNA to catch him.

Chainsaw

Suspended
Lefty said:
DSC_0010.jpg

Wow! That will go nicely with my Malcone X(ten) jump suit. where perchance may I aquire that?

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Lefty said:

I would pay someone to steal that from me. If I ever become so unfortunate to have to own one of those.

carldelo

One Too Many
handlebar bart said:

A friend had a burglary interrupted at his apartment. The burglar left a similar calling card in the hallway. Cops said that junkies sometimes have to go right now when they get nervous - maybe that's what it was. The items assembled on the bed by the thief included all his cameras (new and vintage), his passport and all of his family photos - very creepy...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy