Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A table please, and a glass of rum thank you.

Sin Khan

Familiar Face
Sitting here pondering trivial things, a thought occurred to me that behooves mentioning. I was thinking that this forum is an all too unfamiliar and much welcomed rarity in our times. With one simple word, “Fedora”, that we all seem to have in common, the members of this forum inherit not only a love for period wear and distinctively styled clothing. No my friends, we seem to indeed share something much more needed in today’s world and something much more treasured and rarer still. What we seem to share my friends are chivalry, decency, morality, and tact.

To outsiders, our love of bygone eras can often be mistaken for snobbery and vanity. But uniquely rare have I found this to be true among those that I have personally met who share a love for the things that are discussed here.

I believe that we share sadness for modern society for many reasons. One of which seems that few today care for their physique, appearance, or disposition to the slightest degree. Those that do care for these things seem to do so from a desire to flaunt wealth or appropriate adherence to popular trends. While these may indeed be vices of temptation to us as well, I do not believe it is the unifying purpose of our discourse and actions in society. I will not mention further about the negatives of others for most of you know of which I speak and it dampens the mood. I only shed light on it briefly for common understanding of my appreciation for the positives that I do find here in light of the negatives that we all generally find elsewhere.

Let me conclude this thank you by saying it more poignantly. Thank you for your shared love of chivalry, decency, morality, and tact, and of course, your love of suits and hats.

Sin Khan

Familiar Face
Thank you, for the kind words. That would be a shot or two of Sailor Jerry's Rum on the rocks with a Coke perhaps as a chaser.

Yes I was in the navy (only 4) and yes I like Navy Rum. I was sort of miffed actually when I learned that they stopped the rum rations long before I joined.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
*In my best cockney accent

Naw guvna, Oi doun't be know'een much 'bout tact an chiv'lry, but oi'll pony up fo' a peg a rum!

Please excuse me, I've had quite a bit of coffee this morning and a powerful urge to textually reproduce another accent.

But I'll still have that rum! Regular, barrell aged, UN-SPICED!, something like Mount Gay, perhaps, or Myers Dark if we get a bit froggy.

I used to like Cruzan's Black Strap but then I drank too much of it one night and I simply can't smell the stuff anymore.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Well said, Sin Kahn!

I'll drink to that.

Is the ration Pusser's in the Royal Navy? With lime of course. Must stave off scurvy you know.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
Well said, Sin Kahn!

I'll drink to that.

Is the ration Pusser's in the Royal Navy? With lime of course. Must stave off scurvy you know.

Mmm, I used to really like Pusser's and lime. Got me tilted a few times anyway!

carter

I'll Lock Up
I like the Pusser's bottle that is wide, flat, round with an elongated neck. Looks good, sails well (very stable), and pours like a dream. Anyone find the limes yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum