Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Terrible Loss: My Art Fawcett Beauty

Ande1964

Practically Family
Damn!

I'm reminded of John Travolta talking about someone keying his car in Pulp Fiction.

"I wish I coulda caught him doing it. It woulda almost been worth him doing it if I coulda caught him doing it."

Anj

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WoW....that Bites !

Not-Bogart13 said:
That stings just thinking about it! The theif probably doesn't even realize what he has!

In addition to the pawn shops, watch ebay for the next couple of months. It might pop up there. Sometimes criminals are really dumb.

Sorry for your Loss man, but Indy and Bogart13 are right. :(

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Thats the pits, years ago when I lived in Atlanta, my car was broken into. I had just run into the convenience store to pick up a pack of smokes. I had two Falcons tickets laying on the passenger seat and would you believe that some jerk broke in and left two more? :rolleyes:

:( Sorry Lawman, just trying to add a bit of levity to a bad situation. In fact my car was broken into in Atlanta. They jerks took my rain coat and a fedora and a cb radio. My biggest loss was the busted windows, they tried both sides.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Well, if it makes you feel any better at all, my youngest daughter caught another girl breaking into her Chevelle a couple months ago. She almost beat her senseless.:eek:

The police applauded her actions and sent her on her way, taking the low life would-be car thief with them.lol

Regards! Michaelson

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is too sad but if you look around long enough I'm sure you will find the dumb $#!t* wearing it. HAPPY HUNTING

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Michaelson said:
Well, if it makes you feel any better at all, my youngest daughter caught another girl breaking into her Chevelle a couple months ago. She almost beat her senseless.:eek:

The police applauded her actions and sent her on her way, taking the low life would-be car thief with them.lol

Regards! Michaelson
There is a little justice out there every now and then!!:D

KObalto

One of the Regulars
Pirate Day

Douglas, glad to see you're celebrating Pirate Day in style. I saw my neighbor walking his Portuguese Water Dog named Pirate this morning and had to explain to him that it was his dog's day!:eek:fftopic:

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
I have a friend in San Diego who also caught the thief in mid-theft. He hurt the guy enough that he wasn't going to be breaking into cars for awhile.

Sorry for your loss. I hope you find it.

Razzman

One Too Many
Sorry Lawman. It's difficult to comprehend why these bottom feeders take personal items. :mad: I hope your insurance covers the loss of the stolen property as well as the damage to the vehicle.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
A couple years ago I remember seeing a post at Club Obi Wan where a guy was wearing his Indy fedora and a guy ran up behind him and grabbed it off his head and took off through the crowd and down the street never to be seen again. It's made me cautious when I'm out and about and I see a group of youths behind me. With the justice system the way it is people are more inclined to take a chance knowing that they won't get much punishment even if they are caught, unless it's by the owner.

fedoralover

art92101

One of the Regulars
Check the High Schools

Not that high schoolers would commit a crime like this but you may want to send pix of the hat to the local principals. I know they are busy but they know what goes on at the schools. A hat like that would be easy to spot.
Best

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
That is AWFUL news! In reality though, I couldn't see a teenage hoodlum wearing a fedora, so more than likely if they know what a nice quality beaver felt is worth, they will take it to a pawn shop. Definitely get some pictures and pass them around. Art's hats are so unique and one of a kind, so you will definitely recognize it if you see it on the street.

Hang in there, I can only imagine how such a loss could feel. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy