Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A tip of the fedora to Graham Thompson

Michael Bradley

New in Town
I recently sent a year-old Optimo felt fedora back to Graham for cleaning (I had noticed a dark stain that I was unable to clean myself.

In cleaning the hat, Graham discovered the stain was actually an area where the felt had taken dye unevenly; in fact, in cleaning the hat, other "stains" appeared. And without fuss or fanfare, he simply made and sent me a new hat.

I’d say that’s outstanding customer service, outstanding business and personal integrity. (I should add that my other three Optimo felts have been uneventfully perfect!)

A tip of the fedora to Graham.

Mike Bradley

warbird

One Too Many
Nice work Graham. That is service!

You certainly don't stains. Sometimes those felts do not completely take the coloring. A while back Mike Moore picked up a felt down at Winchester that did not take the color well. It was a light all beaver felt. They tried to dye it moss green , but there were slight flecks of brown. They rejected the felt and Mike picked it up as an experiment around piece of felt.

Personally I loved the look of it, it wasn't perfect and gave it a look as a well worn green hat. I now have a really nice hat that I wear often from that felt. Not perfect is not always a bad thing, but spots and something you don't like are a no-no.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
warbird said:
Nice work Graham. That is service!

You certainly don't stains. Sometimes those felts do not completely take the coloring. A while back Mike Moore picked up a felt down at Winchester that did not take the color well. It was a light all beaver felt. They tried to dye it moss green , but there were slight flecks of brown. They rejected the felt and Mike picked it up as an experiment around piece of felt.

Personally I loved the look of it, it wasn't perfect and gave it a look as a well worn green hat. I now have a really nice hat that I wear often from that felt. Not perfect is not always a bad thing, but spots and something you don't like are a no-no.
Sounds like a cool Camo hat!

Great job Graham!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Michael, It's always nice to read about quality customer service from a vendor and craftsman. Thanks for letting us know that Graham will do whatever it takes to ensure his customer's satisfaction. :)

Neil

A-List Customer
Going to visit

I'm in Chicago on election-related business for a week starting tomorrow. I think I'll drop in. His prices are scary, but he sure has a good reputation.

Neil

A-List Customer
Went to Optimo

And of course bought a hat. Nickel grey fedora, smooth felt. Pricey, ay-ay-ayyy, but once you get it on, well, that's all she wrote.
High crown, 3 1/4 inch brim. It's being shipped to my office back in DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot