Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A True Working Cowboy Hat

Uncle Vern

One of the Regulars
Many years ago, the most famous hatter in Austin, Texas was Manny Gammage, of Texas Hatters. He made hats for Jerry jeff, Willie and all the important local honchos.

One day he received a letter from a man in Montana who asked him to make him a hat that would get him into a fight in every bar he entered.

Manny proceeded to concoct a pink hat with a purple ribbon, and added feather and mirrors to it. He shipped it off to the client.

A few months later he received a letter from the guy in Montana stating: "The hat works great!"

Can't say that I've ever actively sought out a pink hat with a purple ribbon, but I wouldn't dismiss the very idea of one out of hand. It might be okay, depending on the particular pink and the particular purple.
And let's not forget that we've all seen some quite flamboyant Western attire, no?

majormoore

Vendor
I made a pink cattlemans crease hat this summer for a cowboy , who is a calf roper in the area, he was attending a roping, that the money went to breast cancer funds, the PRCA does a few rodeos a year where the title is " Are you tough enough to wear pink" I was at the NFR a few years ago and that was the theme night, I never saw so much pink in my life in there.

He is a big ole boy, and he had on the pink hat and a pink shirt, he was the only one with a pink hat on in the roping, but must all the others had on pink shirts.

For what the money goes too, I could wear one ( Pink hat ) for one day at a fund raiser for breast cancer. and I would think must of us on here (FL) would also do it.

Mike Moore

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Majormoore: That's great, and for a very worthy cause.

I like that motto, "are you tough enough to wear pink." I should throw it at an in-laws who makes fun of any boy or man who comes even near the color pink> My great nephew, a very stylish kid, wore a pink tie recently and got razzed by his obviously insecure uncle.

I like to see men in pink shirts and ties and, yes, a pink hat. I am seeing more and more pink on TV personalities, especially ties.

karol

LEUII

One of the Regulars
If you want to help out the cause Wrangler makes a 'tough enough to wear pink' line. They have some really cool shirts. Some are pink. Some have pink piping. Go out and grab a few. Wear 'em to a rodeo.

Barb

One of the Regulars
Do you have pictures of this?

It would be awesome to see some images of this.

majormoore said:
I made a pink cattlemans crease hat this summer for a cowboy , who is a calf roper in the area, he was attending a roping, that the money went to breast cancer funds, the PRCA does a few rodeos a year where the title is " Are you tough enough to wear pink" I was at the NFR a few years ago and that was the theme night, I never saw so much pink in my life in there.

He is a big ole boy, and he had on the pink hat and a pink shirt, he was the only one with a pink hat on in the roping, but must all the others had on pink shirts.

For what the money goes too, I could wear one ( Pink hat ) for one day at a fund raiser for breast cancer. and I would think must of us on here (FL) would also do it.

Mike Moore

Aerol

A-List Customer
Hot Pink

In the '80s, pink ties were considered Power Ties, and Brooks Brothers has sold their pink button-down shirts for decades. Are cowboys finally catching up to us urban folk?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR