Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Vintage Christmas/Holiday Wish List

Hi! I'm new here, been lurking a loooong time off & on & finally decided to start chiming in. For some reason I woke up this morning thinking about the hoidays, gift giving, secret santa/elf exchanges, etc. <p>I was thinking, it would be nice to have a place to steer people who ask what to get me or "someone like me" for a gift. Non-specific to collections or colors or size/fit....a general guide for people who would like to gift someone who's taste runs to vintage. Even for US, gifting a friend who loves vintage sometimes gets hard when you don't know size (clothing, shoes) or what they already have in an existing collection of say, Roseville or the like. So what could someone give YOU, that you would love regardless of its label, manufacturer, size or color? What makes a good universal gift for the vintage fan? OR, what website would have things a person could get that aren't too specific to taste/collections? <p>I'm thinking things like...<p>Magazines or periodicals from the 50's or older...<p>CD/album collections of period music (you'd at least have to know what kind of system they listen on)....a great (albeit pricey) gift for a Sinatra fan is the CD set of all his concept albums... <p>Gift certificate to a local antique mall, vintage clothing store, vintage website, even eBay...<p>Book suggestions? I loved "Flapper", by Joshua Zeitz<p>The Hollywood Collection has some lovely, reasonably priced costume jewelry replications of pieces worn by silver screen stars, if a person knows you love Lana Turner or Bette Davis they can find something interesting there...<p>Those are a little vague, any specifics like great books/CD collections/movies/websites etc would be perfect.I was just thinking it would be nice to see some input/suggestions on things most people into vintage would like to see as a gift in a general way, not specific to their personal taste in make-up color, jewelry they favor, types of shoes or hats they wear......something a little easier on a gift giver. If someone asks us, we can email the url to the list here or print it! Any ideas? Ang

Thanks!!! I'm having fun (at the PT job, where I ought not be messing about online), reading through old posts & getting to know regulars, seeing homes, cars, clothes. Its a nice way to feel a little connected to some people with tastes like mine, as I work from home 5 days a week & have become a bit of a hermit!

Ang

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails