Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 Bargain Alert - Original Aero Leather A2 in Size 38

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Third time listed.
Started at $1200 and then quickly fell to $900 before its last unsold 5 day price last week of $600 shipped
This time this 18775P is down to by a whole $20 to $579.99
The lack of a label reduces its value considerably and with it being resprayed (depot ?) it has its faults.
Alan

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

Third time listed.
Started at $1200 and then quickly fell to $900 before its last unsold 5 day price last week of $600 shipped
This time this 18775P is down to by a whole $20 to $579.99
The lack of a label reduces its value considerably and with it being resprayed (depot ?) it has its faults.
Alan

Label or no label, it's an authentic WWII A2 jacket and a good daily wearer. Other than the lining which is an easy fix, I don't see the issues.

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Label or no label, it's an authentic WWII A2 jacket and a good daily wearer. Other than the lining which is an easy fix, I don't see the issues.

Just pointing out how the price has fallen to something getting towards a good deal.
If you would have paid the $1200 initial price point you might well feel you overpaid.

After a 5 day Ebay auction last week it failed to get a bid at $600 so whether the extra $20 dollar decrease makes the difference it will be interesting to see.

For A2 collectors the lack of a label will reduce its value by at least a third.

Anyway hopefully its of interest to you so buy it and get a very good wearer

Alan

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
A genuine WW2 A2 for less than the price of a repro has to be a good deal :D

2 years agoI was strolling about at a 1940s dance(Spitfire bounce Club, UK) in my original 15th AAF A2 but had my RM Williams Jodhpur jeans on and a t shirt. A guy in full original 1940s vintage suit asked me if I wanted to sell it, rather nonchalantly I said anythings for sale at a price so I said "whats it worth to you" after insisting on a good look over and pointing out all the bad bits, nice patina'd solid leather;), squadron patches etc but the knits were shot and the zip tape very slightly going he gave me a very confident "£300" " I'll buy it off you now" "I'll have a think" I replied and went to the toilet.
Not even bothering to think about it I thought he might have got the message I was not interested but came over later and asked my what I thought of his offer. just replied he would be better off bidding on a second hand Eastman, and with that he slunk off rather sheepishly, especially when a friend of mine told him I had had it since 1983.

P4270003.jpg

D

Deleted member 16736

Just pointing out how the price has fallen to something getting towards a good deal.
If you would have paid the $1200 initial price point you might well feel you overpaid.

After a 5 day Ebay auction last week it failed to get a bid at $600 so whether the extra $20 dollar decrease makes the difference it will be interesting to see.

For A2 collectors the lack of a label will reduce its value by at least a third.

Anyway hopefully its of interest to you so buy it and get a very good wearer

Alan

If my arms were shorter and I had the extra money, I would buy it. The label may be an issue for collectors, but I wear jackets. I mentioned it in the hopes someone else looking for a decently priced A2 might be interested. At that price, something will be wrong, and if I had to pick one thing, it'd be the label because it doesn't affect the use at all (or for me, the enjoyment).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16736

2 years agoI was strolling about at a 1940s dance(Spitfire bounce Club, UK) in my original 15th AAF A2 but had my RM Williams Jodhpur jeans on and a t shirt. A guy in full original 1940s vintage suit asked me if I wanted to sell it, rather nonchalantly I said anythings for sale at a price so I said "whats it worth to you" after insisting on a good look over and pointing out all the bad bits, nice patina'd solid leather;), squadron patches etc but the knits were shot and the zip tape very slightly going he gave me a very confident "£300" " I'll buy it off you now" "I'll have a think" I replied and went to the toilet.
Not even bothering to think about it I thought he might have got the message I was not interested but came over later and asked my what I thought of his offer. just replied he would be better off bidding on a second hand Eastman, and with that he slunk off rather sheepishly, especially when a friend of mine told him I had had it since 1983.

Nice story. I've seen "Lucky Seven" on this site before. It's a beauty. What contract is it?

By the way, I'm a swing dancer too. I've danced in London and got to know a couple of guys traveling around. Simon Selmon is a very nice and knowledgeable dancer and teacher. Great guy.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab

Nice story. I've seen "Lucky Seven" on this site before. It's a beauty. What contract is it?

By the way, I'm a swing dancer too. I've danced in London and got to know a couple of guys traveling around. Simon Selmon is a very nice and knowledgeable dancer and teacher. Great guy.

I've not been on the scene that much these days and dont know Simon, probably seen him about a couple of years back, I enjoyed the clubs at the time but cant really dance. I'm an old 1970s Ted actually so stuck in jive mode haha.
Yes the jacket, it has an Aero label in it though someone on here says it's another contract, can't remember what he said, I'm not that worried as it's not for sale. Still wearable,ie fits ;) just, though I really have to get the cuff knits sorted.
Say Hi if you see me about, especially at the War & Peace show next year.
John

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran