Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

About this site...

Ken

A-List Customer
Why is it I cant post pictures on this site from a MSN groups account. I know I am not the only one either. Its really irritating - it works on all other sites except this one - it wont even let me link to a picture with a url.

Why is this?

Ken

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I had this trouble, too, when I was trying to post photos of my Keppler Bogie. COW has no problems with my MSN link, but I had to go fotki here.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAH...24yVk5zGKqY4ZFYi8xagoSNiW*ho5uEWxJo/Angle.jpg

Look just after /_Secure/ OR..... It should be /_Secure/OR....., and when you click the link, sure enough, it comes up /_Secure/%20OR....., meaning it's inserted a blank space. Also, two html breaks plus spaces are inserted later on in the url. I don't understand it myself.

We appreciate the effort to figure this out!

Thanks MK.

Brad Bowers

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
(Image is gone now.)

Aha! I did some more exploring on my MSN account, and found that I've got a Documents file separate from my Group's Pictures file. This results in a much simpler address, and a working link.

Thanks for checking, MK!

Ken, try adding your photo files under Documents. This seems to work.

Brad Bowers

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'm not seeing any pictures, and when viewing this thread, I get a box that pops up asking me to give my Microsoft Passport information to login to MSN Users.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Well, shoot. Thanks for the info, Zohar. I guess I'm the only one that can see it. I'll delete the image link. Back to the ol' drawing board.

Brad Bowers

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I found this at the vBulletin forums. I don't know if it will help, but it sort of explains why MSN doesn't work, and offers a workaround. Looks like a lot of trouble.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100485&highlight=image+%5Bimg%5D

Another thread with a similar problem for a different image host mentioned increasing the "Number of characters before wrapping" setting in the Admin CP. May not be the problem here, though.

Brad Bowers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24