Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ADAM ALLEY

Yup. There are even threads exploring and discussing just about every aspect you can imagine about such products.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?44676-What-leather-conditioner-do-you-use/page2

Seems like Pecards, Lexol, and Fieblings are consistently mentioned. I use Lexol.

If you get OCD about your sweatband... http://nautarch.tamu.edu/CRL/conservationmanual/File7.htm

Good luck!

Additional one.

I have had good results with Bickmore Bick 4 Leather Conditioner. It tends not to darken the sweatband.

Longplay

Familiar Face
Thanks for the product advice, everyone! Now I'd like to find a light grey version of this lid and I'll be set - for a while.

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
Adam Fedora

Hello
Just purchased this fedora and would like your opinion. Also if possible, year made.
Thanks

Attachments

• adam1.jpg
    adam1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 216
  • adam2.jpg
    adam2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 213
  • adam3.jpg
    adam3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 194
  • adam4.jpg
    adam4.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 188
  • adam5.jpg
    adam5.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 189
  • adam7.jpg
    adam7.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 192
  • adam6.jpg
    adam6.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 192
  • adam8.jpg
    adam8.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Wow, that's in nice shape. My guess is the plastic liner tip puts it in the fifties. The sweat looks pretty good. Is it in good enough condition to look for tags behind it?

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I don't want to bend back the sweatband to look as the leather looks like it will crack if I bend it. There is a slight crack above the area where it says "Long Royal" Just don't want to risk it. Ron

I didn't have time to look this over detail but there is some information (look at the following posts too).

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?18380-ADAM-ALLEY&p=860642&viewfull=1#post860642

Seems the Long's Hat trademark transferred to Adam in 1946. It appears Adam started making their own hats in 1953 (they could have dropped the Long's Hat trademark at this point) but I am not sure when they stopped using the Long's Hat trademark. It looks like it could be early 50s maybe a bit earlier / a bit later (has to be post 1946).

Also if you have time please post the hat in the Adam Alley thread. It's a nice one!

Last edited:

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
Thank you.
I am currently on page 32 of Adam's Alley. A lot of info. If I put in the other thread, do I delete these pics or leave them alone?
So this is a 1946 or newer hat?

Last edited:
Yes it would be after Adam acquired the Long trademark. My guess is it's early 1950s but it could be a bit earlier or later. It all depends on when Adam stopped using the Long Hat's trademark. My guess on that would be when they started making their own hats in 1953.

I would just post the photos in the Adam Alley thread. I guess the mods can't or don't want to merge the threads.

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
Here is my Adam fedora. I had posted on the hat thread but it was suggested I post on this thread.

Attachments

• adam1.jpg
    adam1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 177
  • adam2.jpg
    adam2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 153
  • adam3.jpg
    adam3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 148
  • adam4.jpg
    adam4.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 157
  • adam8.jpg
    adam8.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 155
  • adam6.jpg
    adam6.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 162
  • adam7.jpg
    adam7.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 183
  • adam5.jpg
    adam5.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 165
After a long delay (and because I just came upon this post) I would like to venture a guess on hat 2, Longplay. It's a beaut!! My questimate puts that one in the early 1960's, but I was wrong once before. There was no image for hat 1.

Walter Neff you have a Winner, there, sir! Clean & classic.

From the other thread.

It would be after Adam acquired the Long trademark. My guess is it's early 1950s but it could be a bit earlier or later. It all depends on when Adam stopped using the Long Hat's trademark. My guess on that would be when they started making their own hats in 1953.

Walter Neff1940

One of the Regulars
Thank you gentleman. The individual I purchased it from was (Robert M.) He is also a member here but don't know his forum name. Robert was great. He answered all my questions and provided a safe/fast shipping. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy