• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Adam Hats Vintage Storefront(s)

Discussion in 'Hats' started by billyspew, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Justdog

Justdog Practically Family

Adams

Great observer you are:eusa_clap

2. There's something poignant about that photo.

3. buler

buler My Mail is Forwarded Here

Interesting (but kind of sad) photo. Reminds me of the movie I just watched the other night. It was 3 Days of the Condor (excellent movie!!!). Filmed in 1975. There was a "streets of New York" scene where the main character walks by Young's Hat store. I believe it said Stetson Clearance and there were tons of hats in the windows.

B

4. carter

carter I'll Lock Up

Here is another photo of an Adam Hat ghost sign in San Francisco, CA on Kearney St. (from Flickr).
    [​IMG]

and of the water tank atop the Adam Hats bldg. in Deep Ellum, Dallas, TX. The building has been converted to lofts.

[​IMG]

5. J.J. Gittes

J.J. Gittes A-List Customer

That second sign is so neat. I can just see all of the hats inside!

6. Lefty

Lefty I'll Lock Up

under that water tower
    [​IMG]

the tower at night
    [​IMG]

7. job

job One Too Many

8. jbucklin

jbucklin Practically Family

I drive by that old Adams Hat bldg. all the time. Do you live in Dallas Job?

9. job

job One Too Many

I live in central N.C.. I was trying to learn about the history of Adam hats. Especially the latter years. I just ran across it doing a search. It seems a lot of hats are made in Texas.

10. jbucklin

jbucklin Practically Family

Yes, I see that now! "Location: Sanford N.C." I just got excited when I saw that pic!

It is really strange to me that Garland, TX is now the hat capitol of the world. Dorfman-Pacific, who just bought Biltmore, is about 5 minutes from where I live in Garland. And then of course there's Hatco.

11. Garland is the new Danbury Connecticut. :)