Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adam Hats Vintage Storefront(s)

buler

I'll Lock Up
Interesting (but kind of sad) photo. Reminds me of the movie I just watched the other night. It was 3 Days of the Condor (excellent movie!!!). Filmed in 1975. There was a "streets of New York" scene where the main character walks by Young's Hat store. I believe it said Stetson Clearance and there were tons of hats in the windows.

B

carter

I'll Lock Up
Here is another photo of an Adam Hat ghost sign in San Francisco, CA on Kearney St. (from Flickr).
3282019080_3fec15840e.jpg

and of the water tank atop the Adam Hats bldg. in Deep Ellum, Dallas, TX. The building has been converted to lofts.

3332387964_ba9e9ddace.jpg

job

One Too Many
I live in central N.C.. I was trying to learn about the history of Adam hats. Especially the latter years. I just ran across it doing a search. It seems a lot of hats are made in Texas.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Yes, I see that now! "Location: Sanford N.C." I just got excited when I saw that pic!

It is really strange to me that Garland, TX is now the hat capitol of the world. Dorfman-Pacific, who just bought Biltmore, is about 5 minutes from where I live in Garland. And then of course there's Hatco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner