• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Adam Hats Vintage Storefront(s)

Discussion in 'Hats' started by billyspew, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Justdog

Justdog Practically Family

Great observer you are:eusa_clap
  2. There's something poignant about that photo.

3. buler

buler My Mail is Forwarded Here

Interesting (but kind of sad) photo. Reminds me of the movie I just watched the other night. It was 3 Days of the Condor (excellent movie!!!). Filmed in 1975. There was a "streets of New York" scene where the main character walks by Young's Hat store. I believe it said Stetson Clearance and there were tons of hats in the windows.

4. carter

carter I'll Lock Up

Here is another photo of an Adam Hat ghost sign in San Francisco, CA on Kearney St. (from Flickr).

and of the water tank atop the Adam Hats bldg. in Deep Ellum, Dallas, TX. The building has been converted to lofts.

5. J.J. Gittes

J.J. Gittes A-List Customer

That second sign is so neat. I can just see all of the hats inside!
  6. Lefty

Lefty I'll Lock Up

under that water tower

the tower at night
  7. job

job One Too Many

8. jbucklin

jbucklin Practically Family

I drive by that old Adams Hat bldg. all the time. Do you live in Dallas Job?
  9. job

job One Too Many

I live in central N.C.. I was trying to learn about the history of Adam hats. Especially the latter years. I just ran across it doing a search. It seems a lot of hats are made in Texas.
  10. jbucklin

jbucklin Practically Family

Yes, I see that now! "Location: Sanford N.C." I just got excited when I saw that pic!

It is really strange to me that Garland, TX is now the hat capitol of the world. Dorfman-Pacific, who just bought Biltmore, is about 5 minutes from where I live in Garland. And then of course there's Hatco.
  11. Garland is the new Danbury Connecticut. :)