Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adam rises again!

Lorne

One of the Regulars
Hello All,

I bought an Adam over Ebay a while back. It didn't look to be in the best of shape, but for 25$, I figured it was to little money to go far wrong.

When I got the hat I found that setting the bar low had been wise. It was filthy, gritty-kinda filthy too. The sweat band was gone and the hat had fine holes in the crown. Not moth bites, but pin holes of some sort.

Here is what it looked like:

I took the hat to Salmagundi in Jamaica Plain (south and west of downtown Boston). They've done some work for me before and I like staying local.

The end result is:

The quality of the work is very good. The only glitch was the hat took much longer than expected. Salmagundi is in the process of expanding and it took longer to get the sweat band I wanted.

The owner, being a square-john, cut me a break on the hat to make up for the delay (some champagne from behind the counter didn't hurt either).

Thats called "customer service" for you youngsters.

Anyway, I'm happy, and I wanted to share that happyness (or garner your envy, I'm not picky) with you all...

Lorne

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay