Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt bragging rights (PIC ADDED!)

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Okay I've gotta show this one off. It's an Adventurebilt 100% beaver in camel with a vintage ribbon. I just purchased it from Steve after someone else backed out on the deal. I don't have any hats in a color like this and this one looks gorgeous.
camel2.jpg

camel.jpg

fedoralover

carter

I'll Lock Up
What can I say!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

That Adventurebilt is MAGNIFICENT!

I want one!

Please share more photos with us. Stunning!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I feel very fortunate to have landed this baby. Steve was just going to keep it for himself as it was his size. When he posted a pic of it at Club Obi Wan I told him he could save himself making another brown Indy hat by just sending me that one. Since we wear the same size it worked out. Some good hearted souls wanted Steve to keep it for himself, but Steve let me have it. I can see where it will be a daily wearer as I have a lot of Khaki colored shirts and brown jackets.

fedoralover

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Here's a pic of me wearing my Camel colored Adventurebilt. This hat is a very unique color, I'm not sure if I can ever get a true pic of it. It seems like it changes shades everytime I take a pic of it. This one is about as close as I can get. I pulled out a bunch of my light colored vintage fedoras to see if any match it and none of them do. The brim is very soft and floppy. I have around 7 or 8 brown fedora's already, one of them is an Optimo that Steve reblocked for me and looks like a cross between a Last Crusade and the KOTCS, so I didn't really NEED another brown hat. This one is truly unique and I'm glad I got it.

Also, please forgive my red eyes, I know they look like 2 pee holes in a snowbank, but my Glaucoma medication drops seem to make them always look bloodshot.
IMG20071102_20081030_00012.jpg

fedoralover

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
The colors of that hat are fantastic for starters and you wear it well.:eusa_clap Who in their right mind would back out on that hat?!?! Looks amazing.

bendingoak

Vendor
That's one beauty of a hat. I have yet to see a hat come from Steve that wasn't just amazing. I love his work and he is a heck of a guy as well. He was a real mench to send that hat off to you rather than keep it himself. Thats Steve, he knew that you would love that hat and wear it often. Enjoy it.

Does Steve use blocks of his own manufacture for making his bread-and-butter "Indy" hats?

He had been a cabinetmaker long before he got into the hat thing, so I'd think that for him fashioning blocks would be a snap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes