Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurebilt bragging rights (PIC ADDED!)

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
tonyb said:
Does Steve use blocks of his own manufacture for making his bread-and-butter "Indy" hats?

He had been a cabinetmaker long before he got into the hat thing, so I'd think that for him fashioning blocks would be a snap.

He has designed the blocks (and subsequent tweaks). I think after he gets the block shape down he has them produced by a company that does that sort of thing (whoever that is). I *think* he has made it possible for people to buy one of his old/original blocks from the guy who makes them (for personal use, of course).

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
fedoralover said:
Okay I've gotta show this one off. It's an Adventurebilt 100% beaver in camel with a vintage ribbon. I just purchased it from Steve after someone else backed out on the deal. I don't have any hats in a color like this and this one looks gorgeous.
camel2.jpg

:eek: DROOL !!!!!!!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
toobacat said:
Fedoralover, does your picture show the color more accurately than Steves?

I think so, I believe the back light from the window in Steve's shot's makes it look different, but mine isn't entirely correct either. It is an extremely hard color to show accurately. You need a felt sample to really see it correctly.

fedoralover

Erik

One of the Regulars
People are backing out of taking delivery of Adventurbilt hats? Surely a sign that things are worse than reported.

That's a great looking hat, and not the usual Adventurbilt fare. Not that there is anything wrong with the usual; I've got one on order myself. Thanks for sharing.

RBH

Bartender
warbird said:
IC I wonder if Mike has one of those blocks

Of course Mike will have to speak for himself... but I think I remember him saying he makes hats and he will make you a hat that looks 1930's but if you want a Indy hat go to Steve.
Truth be told my TVA from Mike looks like it would make a great "Indy" style hat. With a center dent instead of the diamond. But would it be S\A... not really. To get that go to the man... Steve.

warbird

One Too Many
RBH said:
Of course Mike will have to speak for himself... but I think I remember him saying he makes hats and he will make you a hat that looks 1930's but if you want a Indy hat go to Steve.
Truth be told my TVA from Mike looks like it would make a great "Indy" style hat. With a center dent instead of the diamond. But would it be S\A... not really. To get that go to the man... Steve.

That TVA is still one of my favorite hats ever. I have a similar one Mike made in Grey. Not exact, but close.

I was just curious if Mike has one of the same blocks as Steve was using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou