Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930`s halfbelt in midweight oilpull horsehide.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I want to sell my Aero Leathers 1930`s halfbelt oilpull midweight horsehide jacket.

It is a standard size 40 with just a little extra in the length. Its 24.5" backlength, ans has a touch longer arms to get a certain look.
I was after someting like BruceWillis jacket in the arms:
Pic is here
Mine however, got creases kinda fast in the cuffs so its not as long anymore, but know that the were specced +1" longer.

Prices:
£360
430 euro
$580

All prices is without shipping.
Shipping will probably be international since I live in scandinavia.

It is a standard pattern with some small mods:
x No handwarmer pockets
x 2 horizontal chestpockets
x plain back with a yoke, yes there is no halfbelt on this "halfbelt"
x 2-panel sleeves

Here is the specs sent to Aero:
x size 40 - 1930´s halfbelt pattern in the old brown oilpull (smooth hides)
x no fake halfbelt
x 1930´s yoke
x +1" in arms
x 2 horizontal straight breastpockets with ball and chain zips
x no handwarmer pockets
x 1 left inside gunpocket in the facing with snap button closure
x all pockets not so deep
x Antique zippers
x true 2-panel arms
x leather lined cuffs
x berry tartan lining in body
x black satin in arms

Information about the leather
This is a leather that i refer to as "the old oilpull". It is a midweight hide not to be confused with the FQHH oilpull. Aero had a small sample of this beautiful hide and its long gone so this is a truly special jacket. I love the hide, its a little lighter then brown FQHH but its a perfect shade imho.

Fresh out of box:
1.jpg

2.jpg

Worn:
10.jpg

5.jpg

Pics of the linings:
3.jpg

This is a special kind of oilpull, and it seems to develop patina very quickly as can be seen here after just a few uses:
1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

I am selling this jacket simply because there is never weather for it here. I thought I would use it in fall and autumn, but these seasons seems to have vanished. Now its t-shirt weater all up until even a FQHH jackjet is almost too cold. I have this jacket, a midweight caferacer and a jeans jacket that never gets any wear, so as sad I am to let this beautiful jacket go, it cant just sit in the closet.

The jacket is worn only a handful of times. It comes from a pet and smokefree home. The nature of the leather however makes it break in quick and I can only imagine how it will look after a year of hard wear.

I can get measurements if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah it hurts my heart. But 1-2weeks of potential wear-weather just doesnt work.

But hey, maybe noone wants it and then I kan keep it :D

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Why not keep it and layer underneath? Mine (in goat) fits certainly as slim and I can easily wear a heavy sweater underneath. It works even below 0°C.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Just to inform you before it goes to ebay, I put up my 30´s halfbelt for sale in the classifieds:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...930-s-halfbelt-in-midweight-oilpull-horsehide

There is no more medium weather where I live, its either too warm or too cold, so sadly it has to go in place of a warmer jacket.

Damn! For a second there I thought it might be your "Cheyenne a la Jan Solo" in the seal goat. I would have gone for that in a heartbeat Griff ;)

Best of luck with the sale.

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Could you post your height and chest measurements please (maybe the main jacket sizes too ). I like it but I'm a 42" in my ( Aero goatskin ) 30s half-belt and I fear this may be a little too snug....

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Me:
Height - 179cm
Chest relaxed - 97cm
Chest expanded (Breathe in) - 99cm
Waist - 95cm
Stomach - 91cm

Converted to Inch:
Height - 70.5 in
Chest relaxed - 38.2 in
Chest expanded - 39 in
Waist - 37.4 in
Stomach - 35.8 in

The jacket:

23,2" pit to pit
This body measure then tapers down to 20,4" at the very end of the jacket.
18,3" shoulder to shoulder
24,4" back - from end of collar to end of jacket
22,4" front - from end of collar to end of jacket, basically this is zipper length.
25,5" - 26" arms - here are 2 measurements where the first is just from shoulder cross seam to end of cuff straight, the second is taking 2 measurements the same way but following the bow of the arm.

Last edited:

scrawlysteve

One of the Regulars
Thanks Griff--as I suspected too tight for me, shame as it looks a beauty--I do like the omission of the halfbelt especially. Ah well.....

sshack

A-List Customer
Hi, Griff. Very nice jacket. We're almost the same height-- just curious... is this a custom back length? I don't own a half-belt yet, but I assumed guys our height wore them longer in the back? Perhaps there's no hard and fast rule, I'm picking this up as I go...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR