Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930s Halfbelt Brown CXL Steerhide Size 44

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
For sale is my Aero 1930s Halfbelt in Brown Chromexcel Steerhide, size 44. I received the jacket in August, 2014 from Thurston Bros. in Seattle. I have worn it fairly regularly since that time. I wore the jacket almost everyday this past winter. The jacket has normal wear and tear consistent with its age. The only "flaw" (if you even want to call it that) is that the jacket has two very small cracks in the topcoat of the leather on the back of the jacket (see the last two pictures). I reached out to Carrie at Thurston Bros., who said that this is normal and only adds to the patina of the jacket. Otherwise, the jacket is in fantastic shape and is just starting to break it.

This is Aero's standard 1930s Halfbelt pattern. The only modifications I requested were added length to the sleeves and body of the jacket, an inside left pocket with a snap closure, and a horizontal, rather than an angled, left breast pocket. The lining is a mid-weight Lochcarron tartan lining (I forget the name).

A word on the leather: the Chromexcel Steerhide is very, very thick and heavy. This jacket is not for the faint of heart.

Measurements:

P2P: 24.75"
Shoulders: 19"
Sleeve: 26"
Body (base of collar to bottom hem): 26"

For reference, I am 5'10" and 205 pounds. The jacket fits me great with enough room to layer a thin sweater.

I am asking $700 shipped. PayPal is fine. I prefer to ship to the CONUS but may consider shipping internationally as well.

Pictures here:

http://s649.photobucket.com/user/davidfiffick/library/Aero 1930s Halfbelt Brown CXL Steerhide

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for looking!

- Dave

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Dave - wow that's nice! I have the same jacket from the same store in a 44 but Black Steerhide with black cotton twill lining. It's been my "daily driver" since receiving it in January, 2016. I really love how the Steerhide breaks in with great patina already on the sleeves and shoulder areas. If my financial situation were a bit different, I would pick this up from you in a heartbeat, I'll keep considering but for now free bump and big thumbs up for this jacket!

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Dave - wow that's nice! I have the same jacket from the same store in a 44 but Black Steerhide with black cotton twill lining. It's been my "daily driver" since receiving it in January, 2016. I really love how the Steerhide breaks in with great patina already on the sleeves and shoulder areas. If my financial situation were a bit different, I would pick this up from you in a heartbeat, I'll keep considering but for now free bump and big thumbs up for this jacket!

Agreed. I also have the HB in brown CXL Steerhide and hope it looks this nice in a couple years.

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
It did sell and then the buyer backed out because he thought the jacket was horsehide. I cancelled the transaction,
refunded the buyer, and re-listed the item on eBay.

So, it's still available!

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Whats the front length measurement, taken from collar seam where the lining starts? Trying to see how far down that 30s style drop front will come. Any photos of it being worn zipped up?

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
And half belt position taken from collar seam. Maybe around 17" down the back? Thanks

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
Hi jpk,

Here is the only picture I could find of me wearing the jacket zipped up: me and 1 and 1/4 of my dogs. Sorry for the crappy photo, but you get a sense of the jacket's front length. For reference, I am 5' 10" 205 lbs.

I will try to take some additional measurements tomorrow.

Thanks!

- Dave

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    408.7 KB · Views: 174

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
Hi jpk,

Here is the only picture I could find of me wearing the jacket zipped up: me and 1 and 1/4 of my dogs. Sorry for the crappy photo, but you get a sense of the jacket's front length. For reference, I am 5' 10" 205 lbs.

I will try to take some additional measurements tomorrow.

Thanks!

- Dave

I apologize, but I spoke too soon. My jacket sold on eBay (again). Thank you all for your interest!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24