Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930's HB and Premier Highwayman

Harris HTM

One Too Many
My Long half belt 44 fits very roomy with my chest being 43". On the other hand, my Cafe racer 44 fits pretty snug.
Hi Roma, thanks for taking the time to comment!
I think that the long half belt has a roomy fit (similar to the 50's HB, the Highwayman, the Pioneer, etc). That's why on the site of Aero for slim fit they recommend to downsize for these styles. The cafe racer as far as I know, on the other hand, has a snug fit.

Roma

A-List Customer
Hi Roma, thanks for taking the time to comment!
I think that the long half belt has a roomy fit (similar to the 50's HB, the Highwayman, the Pioneer, etc). That's why on the site of Aero for slim fit they recommend to downsize for these styles. The cafe racer as far as I know, on the other hand, has a snug fit.
Yes Harris, absolutely. I just contributed to give you as much info as possible for you to have the idea. I think Aero gave you a good recomendation but there are so much factors so you have to decide yourself.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Ok guys, thanks for the input. I think I have made up my mind, I'll go for a 30's HB in brown FQHH. Any recommendations for the lining? I'm planning to use this jacket as a spring/autumn jacket.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Either would do you well. I think the tweed might be a bit harder wearing, but it's a marginal thing. With tartan, you can choose a pattern to suit your taste or even the Harris clan tartan. It's a sep, an affiliated clan, so you could pick the low key Campbell or colourful MacLeod.

Edward

Bartender
Worth making a trip to Aero if you can, to try on as many jackets as possible. Once you have an idea across a few different models, that helps a lot. I'm a similar shape to yourself (not much taper chest to waist), and I find I wear a 42 in the boxier, post-war patterns, but a 44 in the others. Not tried the Premier fit myself. Definitely consider what you want to wear under it: if a jacket looks great and fits fine over just a t-shirt but it's just too warm for t-shirt only weather and not warm enough at other times of year, you might well find it has a very limited season.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Worth making a trip to Aero if you can, to try on as many jackets as possible. Once you have an idea across a few different models, that helps a lot. I'm a similar shape to yourself (not much taper chest to waist), and I find I wear a 42 in the boxier, post-war patterns, but a 44 in the others. Not tried the Premier fit myself. Definitely consider what you want to wear under it: if a jacket looks great and fits fine over just a t-shirt but it's just too warm for t-shirt only weather and not warm enough at other times of year, you might well find it has a very limited season.
Hi Edward, thanks for the reply.
I'd definitely like to pay a visit to Aero but for the near future I don't see it happening, especially since they are closed on weekends.
My only experience with the post-war patterns is a size 40 Pioneer which I had to return because it was huge for my taste and a size 38 50's HB I tried last year in Koln, Germany (which was good with layers). Thus I think a size 40 30's HB will fit fine.
I'm planning to use the jacket during (dutch) autumn and spring, with a shirt underneath, same as I do with my schott perfecto's .

Gromulus

Practically Family
Either would do you well. I think the tweed might be a bit harder wearing, but it's a marginal thing. With tartan, you can choose a pattern to suit your taste or even the Harris clan tartan. It's a sep, an affiliated clan, so you could pick the low key Campbell or colourful MacLeod.

A bit off topic but I have always been drawn to the various Scottish tartan styles. I have several clothing items in this style (ties, scarves, jacket linings) but I feel somewhat like a "poseur".

I wonder if there were any Italian or Sicilian clans? :)

Roma

A-List Customer
Ok guys, just ordered the 30's HB in size 40. I will let you know in 6-8 weeks if it fits fine!
Good Harris. I think you'll be fine. With your 40sh chest and the 30's running snugger than the 50's, the jacket should be spot on.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Ok guys, the 30's HB arrived yesterday and it's killer! I am pretty satisfied with the size, let me know your opinion!
aa.jpg
A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg
D.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24