Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 50's Halfbelt

Klemmi

New in Town
Ordered 10/20/09 (Aero Scotland)

Delivered 12/23/09 (Berlin-Germany)

50's Halfbelt in brown FQHH, size 44.

Specials:

• LongHalfBelt Bi-Swing back
  • Plus one inch in length (the body)
  • One horizontal chestpocket on the left side
  • Two insidepockets
  • No Stormcuffs
  • Red stewart royal tartan cotton lining
  • Inside windflap

First pic's:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket - I love the length and the overall look. You have me seriously considering adding a windflap to the jacket I have ordered.

I have a similar jacket on order with Aero - a size 44, Brown FQHH, 1" longer in the body, half belt variant called the "Ace" with zip cuffs, a 30's HB shoulder yoke, and left and right horizontal chest pockets.

Might I ask how long the sleeves are and what the actual measurement across the chest and across the bottom are? I asked for 26.5" sleeves due to my long arms. I probably should have ordered them a little longer, but I didn't want to overdo it.

Som pics of the jacket on you would be really nice to see as well.

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
Sacred heart of all that's Holy!...If I were to order another Aero tha' w' be th' lassie I'd be courtin'. All the extras and still not looking too busy.

Had I been aware of Aeros willingness to customize during my first purchase, a wholly different animal would have shown up instead of my tailored stock Highwayman. Mind you, the classic unfettered HWM is just that, a classic and I wear it often.

Not sure if my build would flatter the halfbelt [it's a slimmer fit??] but that's one great looking jacket. The 11th commandment...thou shant covet thy 'neigh'bors horse. Oops...I'm sinnin'! JNT

JanSolo

Practically Family
Lovely looking jacket. Great colour und loads of usefull details. I love the windflap. It really makes sense if you are going to wear the jacket on a daily basis. It keeps out draught and protects your woolen sweaters as the teeth of a zip can cause pilling....And it looks cool when the jacket is unzipped.

Great choice of lining too!!

Klemmi

New in Town
Thanks to all, for the compliments.

After two weeks, i'm verry happy with the jacket...the only critical point is the depth of the chestpocket. When i put smal thinks, like "Fishermans Friends" in the pocket, if have problems to reach them. But it is ok, so i have 4 other pockets.

(JanSolo, dein Postfach ist voll)

Edward

Bartender
JanSolo said:
Lovely looking jacket. Great colour und loads of usefull details. I love the windflap. It really makes sense if you are going to wear the jacket on a daily basis. It keeps out draught and protects your woolen sweaters as the teeth of a zip can cause pilling....And it looks cool when the jacket is unzipped.

Great choice of lining too!!

Interesting point.... I'm not so keen on the look of them with the jacket open, but the notion that it might cause wear the the underlying garment isn't one that had crossed my mind. I must think about that when I'm net looking into a new jacket...

Klemmi said:
After two weeks, i'm verry happy with the jacket...the only critical point is the depth of the chestpocket. When i put smal thinks, like "Fishermans Friends" in the pocket, if have problems to reach them. But it is ok, so i have 4 other pockets.

That's interesting to know.... I'm sure Aero could shorten the pocket design if desired, though usually I find the problem with jackets in general is more that the pockets are too shallow for carrying things like pens etc.... one jacket on my wishlist in an Aero Indian; I'm considernig having that made with an enlarged 'coin pocket', sized to accomodate fully and fasten over a phone or iPod....

HDRnR

A-List Customer
I think the bi-swing back is a very good option, mine seems a bit restrictive without it. Also I'd recommend the brown over cordovan, the way the cordovan dye bleeds is pretty bad, basically you cant wear it in a car with leather seats. On the other hand when the horse gets broken in the cordovan looks incredible. Im hoping the bleeding stops at some point.

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
I've got the LHB in cordovan FQHH, and yeah, I'd agree the color transfer is a very serious consideration to take into account. I've been wearing mine for a few months now and I still get transfer to my pants. Transfer to the collar has lessened somewhat, but still continues. No way I'd go anywhere near my car in this jacket (I have light gray leather upholstery!).

That said, I love the cordovan since you can wear it pretty much with any color, and it's a great color itself. But it definitely changes the way you dress (flipping up collars, wearing a scarf to protect collars, etc.) and impacts the overall utility of the jacket. I commute by bus most of the time, though, so I still wear it quite a bit.

It's easy to overdo the pockets on this jacket, too. I had them add two inside pockets to mine, which means it's a seven-pocket jacket. I hadn't thought about it at the time, but that's definitely overkill. All those pockets have to divide up the same available space, so you can't use them all all at once anyway. And the outside chest pocket-- I'm not a fan. It looks nice, but it can compromise the water-proof benefits of that hide in heavy rain, and it's just not that useful if you also have inside pockets. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably have ordered it without that pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran