Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 9 months + wait, is this common ?

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Hello ordered through ebay, mark moye 12-09-09
he mentioned ready by late feb 2010 when he took the order.
and stated on auction listing febuary 2010 delivery
i had made inqueries only to have lame replys.
finally got a your up next notice on 08-28-10
but thats over 2 months ago.
im in nor california.
is this common 9 months still no product.
i have had to request up dates.
any folks in the same situation
i see some folks recieve in 3 months
any way newbie to FL

I placed an Aero order with Mark the end of March, 2010.
Received it early August, 2010. About 12 weeks...which was what I was quoted.
Standard Aero model, FQHH, no major design changes.

I placed an another order, this one with Aero Scotland, end of July. They quoted me an 8 to 10 week wait.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
hummm 12 weeks
and that is between my wait time
was that through ebay?
did you paypal
i ordered a deluxe halfbelt brown fqhh
size 42 nothing special except for a leather strip for the bottom lining.

thank you

JLStorm

Practically Family
I believe Marks orders take substantially longer than ordering straight from the factory. I dont know if that is just that I have only read threads where this comes up, or if he gets deliveries in batches, or what. I have had 2 custom orders from the ground up and seem to get my jackets long before Marks customers. One order took 4 weeks, one took 10. I dont know what it is. Like I said I may have made an incorrect assumption based only on certain threads, but I do see a trend.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
wow 4 weeks
vs 9 months wait. i have not been a pest just patient. maybe if i hound with weekly emails & phone calls..is that what it takes?
i had made 3 or 4 inquerys to mark moye in the 9 months
one time he never answered back.
lacking acknowledgement from aero usa here
but on june 27 th. he did send a (your up next) email but thats over 2 months ago crazy

TheSnark

One of the Regulars
I placed and order through Mark Moye in April 09 and then waited 13 months for my HG-5 after an initial promised delivery of 3-4 months. After the first 4 months, I started asking for a status or updated delivery date once every 3 months or so... and received meaningless brush-offs like "it should be soon" or was ignored completely. I don't know what the problem is, and it's obvious I will never find out... but from my experience Aero's over-hyped "customer service" is a myth, and I will not order from them again. I love the product, but it's just impossible to do business with them. (I don't need to hear from the Aero Tabernacle Choir about how "it was all worth it". I'll pass on the Kool-Aid, thanks.)

seabass

Call Me a Cab
they are good jackets
i own 3 which i won on ebay
i think 1 i won from a guy who was pissed after his wait & recieved it too short & he did not want to deal with areo usa & took a loss
he stated his pain my gain

seabass

Call Me a Cab
were you a return customer?
did you affirm with him before you paid about the wait period?
or did you just get lucky
thank you

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Jeff M said:
I contacted Mark first.
He asked me to place the order through eBay.
Paid with PayPal.

my first order with mark moye.
i did contact prior to payment
& i did recieve great fast responses and he did mention late febuary.
i felt this was going to be great.........
prior to payment through ebay

i did email him today requesting a explaination
hope i get good honest news.
but come on 9 months is silly
i wonder what ebay policy is for a situation like this
he has great feedback is that for the great responses you do recieve prior to payment..... hmmmm

PhilR

New in Town
That is a long wait. I appreciate the quality of an Aero piece, but I wanted a nice custom leather jacket in time for THIS winter, not 2011. Ended up going with Johnson Leather in San Francisco, should be about 4 weeks from measuring to delivery.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
While Aero is a great company, among one of the best leather jacket companies, this is the reason I feel I'm not ready to purchase from Aero just yet. I don't have that sort of patience. I simply want a G-1 jacket I can wear this fall and winter, out of functionality, and as such I'm opting for a Gibson and Barnes instead.

An Aero will likely come later on, however. Maybe an A-2?

JLStorm

Practically Family
I really dont think you can put Mark and Aero Scotland in the same category. Not including the pattern Ive noticed in shipping times. Mark specializes in simple one stop shopping. He will answer a few questions and that is his deal. Aero Scotland custom builds anything you want. I have had over 100 emails designing one jacket, you can talk to the man who will be making your actual jacket and they can make changes on the fly.

Its really not fair to compare the two, its just apples and oranges.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Hello Seabass. I understand your frustration. It happens with other companies too. I am eight months out on an order for a stock Vanson, which at the time of order was to take two to four months. No sign yet of a delivery date. The last time I emailed requesting an update, I was told to either be patient or consider canceling my order. I have decided, at least for the time being, to continue being patient; since I really would like to have the jacket I ordered.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
first of all
my only issue is with aero usa. not Scotland
so i do want this thread to only deal with aero usa experiences.
i have not had any contact with scotland at all only mark moye of aero usa
sadly sifting through aero threads i do see issues with aero usa only & nothing but praise for aero Scotland.........i have no problem with wait time if you are upfront & straight but 9 months of waiting with no explaination is silly.
come on where does the $ go while were waiting..........at a minimun there should be something important thats missing after payment thats ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. we pay big bucks so we deserve customer service!
dont say 2-3 months & forget about the guy waiting 4,6 9 + months..
sure the jackets are nice but dont play us for patient chumps. just because the product is nice.........
sorry but i cant figure out spell check..... newbie here
good thread though & thank you for your replys

seabass

Call Me a Cab
PhilR said:
That is a long wait. I appreciate the quality of an Aero piece, but I wanted a nice custom leather jacket in time for THIS winter, not 2011. Ended up going with Johnson Leather in San Francisco, should be about 4 weeks from measuring to delivery.

Johnson Leathers is the place to go !
Alan is the best & there customer service is #1
they make some beautiful Custom stuff at half or less than aero usa & they will treat you right.... they make a lot of stuff for japan.....
you ask they can do... though there supply of FQHH is limited.
and 2 months tops wait at the most......
i have a collection of there stuff custom & off the rack.
i also highly recomend there repair & care to original pieces

wish i can say same for aero usa..... but customer service counts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran