Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-2 Sale in June...

I ripped this from VLJ this AM. Hopefully, Ken doesn't mind it being posted here - I don't think he will do it otherwise. Thought I'd put this up for anyone looking at an A-2 at a good price from a good maker...I know some have had trouble finding good Aeros on eBay ;)
Scott
(I took some VLJ specific talk out - Scott)
"...We've recently completed a large trade order for a full range of Aero Type A-2 jackets, 38-1711-P, 40-3785-P, 42-15142-P and 42-18775-P.It was a very complicated order with lots of different specs, zippers, plus more than one change in the order during production, various colours and hides used, some adapted lengths etc, and, OK we didn't keep on top of things as well as we could and this has left us with a fairly substantial surplus of A-2 jackets left over from this order, overmakes, slight seconds etc , These will all be listed for sale next month, all at the very special price of £360 each, there are a two or three seconds but at least 95% are perfect, anyone looking for a bargain before June should mail christine@aeroleatherclothing.com with the contract number they are looking for plus the size and we'll see what we've got."There are about 40 jackets in all, one or two of the 1938 contract with Hookless zippers are already on our website at £425CheersKen

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I find Aero's A-2s tend to ride on the tight side across the shoulders, so I'm jammed between taking a 38 and having to live with the longer cuff/body length or hoping a 36 will stretch out. You never know, an awkward size - 37 anyone? - might be just the ticket! :D

devilish

A-List Customer
I wonder if these could be overruns for the Mighty Eighth production? Although I wouldn't normally be interested and there probably won't be any in my size, if they were made for the mini-series it would be more tempting.

majormajor

One Too Many
I find Aero's A-2s tend to ride on the tight side across the shoulders, so I'm jammed between taking a 38 and having to live with the longer cuff/body length or hoping a 36 will stretch out. You never know, an awkward size - 37 anyone? - might be just the ticket! :D

Posted these elsewhere today, so here they are again. This is how the Aero 38 fits. Works for me!:D;)

a2intherainfront.jpg

a2intherainside.jpg

majormajor

One Too Many
Great looking hide, love the mottling

Good, isn't it?;)

The jeans, BTW, are some Lee 1934 101's, just arrived from Aero.

I've posted some better pics in the Selvedge Group - but no-one looks in there:eeek::D;)

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Good, isn't it?;)

I've posted some better pics in the Selvedge Group - but no-one looks in there:eeek::D;)

I did notice them - though I do find myself forgetting about the groups. I hope they give them more prominence.

Edward

Bartender
If they're an overrun on a Japanese order, I'd expect 38s. From what I can make out, 36/38 in Japan is as 42/44 here in the UK. Course, they'll also be that small if they're for eighteen to twenty year old kids accurately portraying wartime...

That hide looks fantastic, Major. I keep promising myself I'm done with A2s .... more of a civvy jackets guy, me... but that russet with rust knits combo really appels.

Stand By

One Too Many
Good, isn't it?;)

There's a selvedge group here ?!?! I would LOVE to know more about them - I just want one pair of great jeans and would love to know more - designs, how to account for shrinkage and washing etc.
Where would I find that please ? Thanks!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Goatskin has a really interesting texture. I especially like the pebbling effect you get with it. Very unique.

@Edward +1!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn